RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody. Has anybody come across a total lockout on a Range Rover Sport when the outside temperature reaches 30C? My garage is baffled and Land Rover haven't come across it either. The smart key is not recognised so a manual entry is required. After silencing the alarm the engine will eventually start but the only electric item that works is the sun roof. Whilst driving all the warning lights come on, one by one, and finally the PAS shuts off - pretty dangerous stuff. When the sun goes down everything appears to work again. The system has been interrogated on 2 ocassions after failure but no fault has been recorded. This is a very worrying problem so any help would be gratefully received.

·
Registered
2014 RRS
1,459 Posts
If RR can't figure it out quicly, sounds like they need to do a buyback. That car is dangerous to drive.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
287 Posts
I agree. Sounds unsafe.

I just had my car parked outside in 120 degree weather (48 c) for 8 hours and no issues at start up (other than wanting to melt once I entered. )

·
Registered
2 Posts
This sounds very but very unrelated. I mean temp is more than 40 C here. And note my rrs srv neither any car does that kind of behavior. Your vehicle has serious issues in my opinion. Go to a professional service.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts