RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

My P38s cruise doesn't work and when I press the button it doesn't light up. Any thoughts on why that might be? Everything else works just find, the only light I have on is an SRS light and I don't see why that would matter.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover Classic
1,413 Posts
check all your vacuum lines to and from cruise control, the switch may be disconnected or if connected the light bulbs inside it fail.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
There is an extensive trouble shooting procedure in the electrical trouble shooting manula in RAVE. Suggest you work your way through that.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alright I walked through the troubleshooting steps and instantly found the issue. The switched ignition power lead (Orange and white wire, pin 10) only had .9 volts when it should have 12 volts. The ground is good and I confirmed the issue it present straight from the BECM.

As it so happens this is the second such 12 volt feed out of the BECM to die in this manner. I have the same issue with my constant 12 volt line to the dash. See this thread if you want more details. In that case I just fused and jumped it straight to the battery. I could do something similar here but it's kind of concerning that I keep having this issue with power feeds from the BECM.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Swap the power board in your BECM. It's probably dying (assuming you've checked the main power feeds into the BECM to make sure there's no corrosion)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Swap the power board in your BECM. It's probably dying (assuming you've checked the main power feeds into the BECM to make sure there's no corrosion)
I suppose I'll give that a shot. The local junk yard has a 2000 in fairly good shape. Are they the same throughout the years?

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Highline and Lowline BECMs and firmware updates over the years, but you're only looking at swapping the power board. Look for an H or an L on the barcode sticker on BECM on the scrapper and yours.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll give it shot thanks Orangebean!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts