Range Rovers Forum banner

no crank, only srs light. key does not auto lock/unlock Help!

2K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  h20ham 
#1 ·
no crank, only srs light. key does not auto lock/unlock Help!

Hello
my 97 rover has stopped turning over. It shows a low battery light on dash but no other lights than srs.
has a lock rod from the power locks fallen off. or…?

Help please

Kind Regards
James

#2 ·
Re: no crank, only srs light. key does not auto lock/unlock Help!

Tell me you've tried charging your battery before posting this James? Otherwise the obvious answer is hitting you in the face my friend!
As far as the lock rod? Can't you unlock the car using the key or input the EKA code?
Is that what you're trying to say?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#3 ·
Cornishman, Battery good. Sometimes I get a sunroof open on dash. Batter was replaced a while back, and reads 13.8v though now I notice a bit of a draw which I don't think was there before.
The passenger rear door handle broke off but I think there were the electrical glitches before this.
Cornering lights and alarm light on dash. What I ment by low battery was the FOB. The dash only show this when the door is open. When the door is closed, no information on dash just the srs. I hear a clicking from drivers side rear door like it is trying to lock.
Fuse panel all seems correct, grounds all cleaned and tight.

#4 ·

Have new battery in FOB (SOB)
Locked & held lock button on FOB 5 sec, Unlock 5 sec dozens of times.
1515 many many
The gear selector lights dim when key is turned to start, should indicate system is cutting all power but starter.
When 1515 is tried, corner markers light up.
Dash shows each window when powered up, not set.
Only srs light and if door open ignition key displayed on dash.
No fuses bad, pulled them all also test light. Been through the ground straps a few times.
Tried a new battery.
Did the traditional Canadian "start (rain) dance"...

Kind Regards
James

p.s Seems like BeCM may need to come apart after fuse box...?

#5 ·

When you say you tried new battery do you mean fob?....what about new car battery?...has anything changed at your location?...just a long shot but my truck was all good till I moved to a different suburb and all of a sudden similar issues, found my battery started draining due to RF interference .....disconnected RF receiver ...new battery and bingo 2years later all good.

#6 ·

Daf11e Yes both new batteries. Actually grabbed my Cummins 6 cylinder diesel battery from my snow plow truck. What range or what was your RF receiver. No major RF interference round these parts, in the middle of no where. No welder or microwave running. Only cordless phone on a 5ghz, one at 1.4ghz, and florescent lighting.
The drivers window has never fully powered up. There is a crack in the mount/housing (ordered a new one) (none of the windows ever show "set"). But with the now broken door handle (ordered a new one) maybe a few things over time has…?
A bit of new location, it had been parked 50km north but the same climate humidity lunar and solar forces at work. No street lights or cities for 500 miles. A bear was wallowing in our pond last night and eating nuts in the walnut tree. We will see if that has any effect. After my "start dance" last night under the full moon!

Kind Regards
James

ps going through all the connectors and grounds a third time before the fuse and BeCM

#9 ·

Electronics Electronic component Electronic instrument Guitar Technology

the fuse box relay connections seem fine.
I am not sure, hope someone knows more. Should I be getting a refurbished BeCM. We only have one key as well, which is missing the rubber cover letting moisture in.
Not knowing a tonne about em? Any and all comments are greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards
James

P.S In the drivers door. A green wire with a black tracer coming from the lock was frayed/cut. I suspect the heat from the fuse box under hood my wife describes is from poor grounds. Maybe there is something I am missing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.