RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After I replaced the gearbox my 2002 l322 vogue will not even crank over. Steering unlocks and moves out to memory position. Dash Lights on as normal then when turning to start no click no starter lights then turn of one by one as normal. I did suspend the starter when the gearbox was removed. How do I test the starter relay?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did you disconnect any earth cables? Go and check them

Enviado desde mi SM-A720F mediante Tapatalk
I did not touch any earth cables. I did notice my starter has no heat shield and It slipped from my hand several times when removing and reinstalling. When I checked resistance from the relay connectors at the back of the cam cover, it seems shorted to ground. Maybe the cable insulation have melted or degraded and then further damaged when I removed it? I will remove the starter when the weather improves. Maybe I need to order a starter heat shield?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
EAT Is TOAST!

What part number do I need to buy? Just TGB 000100?

Is this plug and play?

IMG_2276.JPG IMG_2275.JPG

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,369 Posts
Yep, TGB 000100 is the one and only part number for a 5HP24 transmission ECU for a UK spec. vehicle (Canada/USA/Mexico spec. vehicles have a different part number). There’re hundreds for sale on eBay so you should pick one up for £15. They aren’t coded to the vehicle/transmission so it’s just plug-n-play. The ECU will have the long-term adaptions for the previous transmission stored in it.

Phil

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep, TGB 000100 is the one and only part number for a 5HP24 transmission ECU for a UK spec. vehicle (Canada/USA/Mexico spec. vehicles have a different part number). There’re hundreds for sale on eBay so you should pick one up for £15. They aren’t coded to the vehicle/transmission so it’s just plug-n-play. The ECU will have the long-term adaptions for the previous transmission stored in it.

Phil
Thank You Phil!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I installed the replacement transmission controller and the gear indicator lit up. it started right up at the turn of the key.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for letting us know, and glad it wasn't an expensive fix :thumb:

Phil
thanks to you!

now I have a transfail problem. its completely drivable in manual mode. reverse works. I can skip second gear and it drives fine after that until I stop or slow down and accelerate. I have a spare gearbox waiting for an overhaul. I guess Ill drive in manual mode until I rebuild the spare and buy a reman tc. that drives fine in forward but no reverse.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts