RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I was stuck in stop start traffic and the three brake lights came on followed by no brake assistance. Got it home and started checking things out. All three fuses OK- relays OK- pump OK. No power to the pump. As I am not very good with electrics I need some help. I have searched but have found nothing.
Cheers, Ray.

·
Registered
29 Posts
How are your brake fluid levels? You say no power to the pump, maybe it is the pump that has given up, could need replacing. Do you have any brakes at all?

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
1,851 Posts
Hi

Your brake pump should be running. The electric motor might have burned out.
Check for power on the connector to the pump. If 12 VDC is present and the pump doesn't run it is most likely burned.

Try to run the pump straight from the batery. If it runs you have to check ABS pump relay and pressure switch.

Regards

Jos

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I never expected replies as quick as that.I came back to say that I had solved it and Jos had already posted the answer. It was in fact the pressure switch. I found it by connecting a spare pump to the two plugs and away it went.It had me baffeld because the original pump ran when jumped to a 12v supply. Thanks for the replies. F+++++g rangerovers!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts