RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had an issue where my 2006 Range Rover Sport HSE. would not start. I would turn the key nd the engine would not start. I just heard clicks a then after about 6 - 10 tries the engine would start. I assumed it was the starter so I planned on taking it in to my mechanic. The day I planned on taking it in the audio went out on my radio. I also noticed the navigation screen was frozen. I pressed the top of the screen to enter the code for the diagnostics. I would be able to access the navigation at that point but no audio on the radio. The radio apps to work. I see the stations but just no audio. Same with the CD payer.

I had the starter replaced and I have a new battery. N problems starting now. One day the audio came back on but went out the next day. Any ideas what could be causing this?

I also tried running the diagnostic test it read system no ok under "Condition"

Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Administrator
27,821 Posts
With the bunch of electrical issues I would try a hard reset. Open your hood, leave the door open, remove both battery cables and hold them together for about 5 seconds. Remove ground first.

This will discharge any stored settings in the capacitors in all systems. reconnect the battery, positive first.

From there do the tests in this link... it's not model specific, but it will confirm if you have a good alternator, and it will firm if your cables in the start/charge circuit have any internal resistance. You can have a new battery, perfect alternator and if you have failing cable on a 13 year old rig the alternator will not charge the battery well nor will your have full electrical while driving.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi, I am a newbie myself but I recently experienced something similar on my 06 RR HSE. I finally got the audio to work but I am still having some issue myself with the subwoofer settings and the 4x4 screen. You may want to check the following:

Make sure your sunroof drain pipe on the passenger side which runs down the (A)pillar from the sunroof down to the exterior side vent is not leaking. Mine was leaking and this caused water to ingress into the cd changer area which on North American vehicles is located in the passenger glove box (Right front side) of the vehicle. Additionally I have heard of issues of water ingress also in the rear of the vehicle where most of your components are located such as your bluetooth module, amp, DVD, etc. Water ingress in this area in the rear left trunk is also common and your bluetooth is often the first to go. This also happened to me, but not due to water just general wear. What I did is I bought a optic feedback loop, took the fiber optic cable out of the bluetooth module and plugged it into the feedback loop to bypass the module. The audio went back up online. I should note both my cd changer in the passenger glove box upfront and the bluetooth module were both bypassed using the fiberoptic loop. You can find them here https://www.amazon.com/BaiFM-Optical-Adapter-Mercedes-Porsche/dp/B01M5IYTD9/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1545934420&sr=8-1-spons&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=fiber+optic+loop&psc=1.

Also look to see if the light on your volume knob is flashing orange or is constant. If it is flashing, that means there is a break in the MOST ring (media oriented software transport) refer back to what I said about checking and bypassing the modules in the rear trunk of the vehicle. Mine happened to be the bluetooth but for you it may be the amp or something else. The best way to pinpoint a break in the MOST ring is to get that fiber optic loop, remove the plugs from each module one at at time and plug them into the fiber optic loop to bypass the module. If your issue goes away for instance when you plug your cd changer cable into the loop then you know that module is faulty. You can keep this fiber optic loop tool on permanently but you wont have use of the module you bypass with it. Also you may have more than one module that is faulty such as mine. I got two of these loops for the time being to bypass my bluetooth module and cd changer so the radio and audio works. Let me know if you have any questions. Although I am a new member I have some first hand experience with a similar issue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts