RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shopping for new wheels. Just wondering if anyone knew why 22" wheels arent an option for the RRS with 5+2 seating. Is it a weight issue or
issue with wheel well width space in the rear?

Thanks

·
Registered
381 Posts
Wheels will fit fine.
It is only because ride quality will be quite poor for anybody seated in the rear 2 seats. It is basically a comfort concern...

·
Banned
305 Posts
actually, the reason they are not offered is because of the weight limit on the 22's. I did a lot of research on this because I wanted them on my 5+2 that's how I know. alone the weight limit on the 22's is plenty extra for a full car even with 2 200 lb people in the last two seats. the problem is that because if liability- knowing that the car can tow > 5000 lbs- LR did not want to ok the 22's in case someone decides to overload the car and tow something. that would be a problem. never intending to do such a thing I got the accessory forged 22 " LR optional wheels. no problems. they look badass.

http://www.rangerovers.net/forum/43-range-rover-sport-ii-l494/84361-our-new-autobiography.html

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wheels will fit fine.
It is only because ride quality will be quite poor for anybody seated in the rear 2 seats. It is basically a comfort concern...
actually, the reason they are not offered is because of the weight limit on the 22's. I did a lot of research on this because I wanted them on my 5+2 that's how I know. alone the weight limit on the 22's is plenty extra for a full car even with 2 200 lb people in the last two seats. the problem is that because if liability- knowing that the car can tow > 5000 lbs- LR did not want to ok the 22's in case someone decides to overload the car and tow something. that would be a problem. never intending to do such a thing I got the accessory forged 22 " LR optional wheels. no problems. they look badass.

http://www.rangerovers.net/forum/43-range-rover-sport-ii-l494/84361-our-new-autobiography.html
Hi Guys,
The local Range Rover Dealer says they'll rub the inner fender liner but i'm taking your word for it and ordering my 22"s. Thanks.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Will be fine Goshan!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Hi Guys,
The local Range Rover Dealer says they'll rub the inner fender liner but i'm taking your word for it and ordering my 22"s. Thanks.
I felt rubbing when the car is put in the offroad height. I turn the wheel and there is rubbing but then again my car may have allignment issue.

·
Banned
305 Posts
lies. lies. and more lies :) by your dealer. I checked for this myself.
Hi Guys,

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thinking about ordering a Sport next year with 5+2 option but had 22"s on our last sport and now on our MarkIV...can't imagine not having them. Dealer said a previous customer wanted 22's but sounded like the customer took their word and ordered 21"s. I've read all threads on this issue (weight in the rear, towing, 22"s etc) just wondering if anyone has anything new on the issue. Debating ordering it with cheapest wheel setup and then buying the 22's aftermarket.

·
Administrator
27,834 Posts
Order the 20's and install 22s on your own. There are folks actively searching for 20s for winter/off road set ups.

·
Administrator
27,834 Posts
There is not a build option for 22" rims. That does not mean they can not be mounted. Members here have installed factory 22" rims on their rigs with third row seating with no issues. There is no conflicting information from me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts