RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Have been perusing through these forums for some time now any insight or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Just take it easy on a noob.
I have a 2002 p38 that I just converted to a Arnott Coil Conversion and needed some new tires. I just didnt like the pizza cutters I had. The Scorpian Zero's.
So I saw Jimballz and researched the official tire thread, and went with the Nitto Terra Grappler 286/60/18 123s. These things are absolute beasts. My dilemma is they will rub just slighty on sharp turning and clearing the mud flaps will not do me any good.

1.) My question is where is the arnott coil conversion correlate on the EAS scale?

2.) Do i need an extra inch or two of lift, If I off road . :pray:

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
73 Posts
Besides the size of the tires I think the other factor here is what ride height that coil kit puts the vehicle at in comparison to the stock EAS settings - is it sitting at the normal height or something closer to what the extended height would have been? If its at a normal height then you probably want to consider spring spacers and get an inch or two for clearance espeicailly if you take her off the pavement.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's the whole kicker... being a noob, My EAS valve block was shot, so I went ahead with the Arnott Coil Conversion not really knowing what the final height would be. I am pretty certain that it was the standard coil kit without any lift. Did you get a good look at the before and after photos?

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
73 Posts
Honestly I only just now had a chance to take a look at the photos. Looks good! :thumb:
You could easily bring her up 2" and have good clearance and room for a bit of articulation without too much drama if you get into any uneven terrain.
I'm in the opposite situation as you right now, I got plenty of lift but not enough tire. :doh:

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
3,622 Posts
It looks to me that it's sitting around normal ride height (not extended) compared to stock EAS. I think you could use another 2" under there to help clearance. I think there's some 2" aluminum spacers running around somewhere that you can use... or you can be the first in town to put on a body lift :think:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Arnott has 1" and 2" spacers available. Just want to be comfy enough to control on the tarmac and confident enough to run something over first chance I get :lol: Also does anyone have any expirence with the 285/60/r18 Nitto's on a 2" coil conversion.

·
Registered
543 Posts
G'Day Flowjack.

Your new tyre size of 285/60R18 is at the maximum size we've come to realise as permissible of 31.5" tall for the P38 Rangies !
The width of the rubber is overkill for your ride, normally the 10.5" or 265mm metric equivalent is the widest we normally go to.

There may be likely rubbing on the outside of the front fenders when off-road, but for around town cruising will be O.K. on coils.
If you want more clearance, go for a set of "poly-air" bags in the rear set of coils which improves the side to side action too.
Pro Comp tyres offer their All Terrain in the same size as your proposed size and I'd rate them better than the Nitto Grapplers ?

Cheerio,

Vinniman
'88 Highline
Perth, W.A.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Who is a good manufacturer of these "poly-air" bags ?

What do you guys think about a 2" spacer to give me some clearance. You are Correct daily driving is not a concern, but when I hit a rivit or bump man I hear my rangie getting mad at me :shock:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts