Range Rovers Forum banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Range Rover HSE
132 Posts
My 2012 HSE is a tick below 60K miles. In no world would I think it's worth this...regardless, I'm never selling it so it's moot but BaT seems to have pulled every crazy with money to its doors and almost all sales on that site are eye wateringly expensive. Oh well I had my fun run of 90s and 2000s Porsches and BMW M cars which I'd not be in a position to buy anytime soon due to life anyway.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Don’t mean to hijack this thread but it’s on-topic for my question.

What value would you assign my Rover?

2012 L322 S/C in Fuji White with almond interior

• 169k miles, original timing chain, transmission, no rebuilds. Also no codes. All dealer maintenance, every interval, until my possession where I’ve used the same independent shop (reports to carfax)
  • Coilover conversion with all air components retained. Struts and height sensors in a box, all else remains mounted, just unplugged. No warnings (has cancellers). 4x4 screen displays as normal.
  • VelocityAP supercharger pulley and tune. Programmer in my possession.
  • Paint and body are 100% structurally intact, no dents, scratches, loose pieces or missing trim. I’ve purchased parts as they’ve gone missing (plastic roof rack caps, original metal valve stem covers, windshield wiper bolt covers, etc. I’m sure there are swirls from car washes, but I can’t see them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2012 Range Rover HSE
54 Posts
Don’t mean to hijack this thread but it’s on-topic for my question.

What value would you assign my Rover?

2012 L322 S/C in Fuji White with almond interior

• 169k miles, original timing chain, transmission, no rebuilds. Also no codes. All dealer maintenance, every interval, until my possession where I’ve used the same independent shop (reports to carfax)
  • Coilover conversion with all air components retained. Struts and height sensors in a box, all else remains mounted, just unplugged. No warnings (has cancellers). 4x4 screen displays as normal.
  • VelocityAP supercharger pulley and tune. Programmer in my possession.
  • Paint and body are 100% structurally intact, no dents, scratches, loose pieces or missing trim. I’ve purchased parts as they’ve gone missing (plastic roof rack caps, original metal valve stem covers, windshield wiper bolt covers, etc. I’m sure there are swirls from car washes, but I can’t see them.

Not much, modifying and moving the air suspension is the worst thing you can do to these on the collector market. Timing chain being original will be a red flag to any collector, no matter whether it needs to be replaced or not.

I'm sure it's a great truck but it's going to be worth more to you for the value it provides than to another buyer

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Not much, modifying and moving the air suspension is the worst thing you can do to these on the collector market. Timing chain being original will be a red flag to any collector, no matter whether it needs to be replaced or not.

I'm sure it's a great truck but it's going to be worth more to you for the value it provides than to another buyer
It’s amazing the value people will place on the literal Achilles’ heel of the vehicle.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Is there a collector market for L322? I doubt the one on BAT is going to a collector, just someone willing to pay a premium for the color, the low miles, in a L322. As for the value of your's, ddm2k, I would say pre-recent jumps, $15k. But now everything seems higher. As for the mods to suspension and SC, they don't appeal to me. To me its not an Achilles Heal but I'm not gonna argue, there are those that agree with you. Maybe try to get it on BAT if they will go for the high miles. It strikes me as a crowd that would like the SC mod and the trouble free nature of coil springs. Or list it elsewhere for $22k and see what happens.

·
Registered
2012 Range Rover HSE
54 Posts
It’s amazing the value people will place on the literal Achilles’ heel of the vehicle.

You say Achilles heel, I say it's a unique and substantive component of the Range Rover's DNA. The vehicle's system strategies were developed around the EAS, and it contributes to the high off road capability whilst retaining the on road manners.

Reactions: ventogt

·
Registered
2012 Range Rover HSE
54 Posts
Is there a collector market for L322? I doubt the one on BAT is going to a collector, just someone willing to pay a premium for the color, the low miles, in a L322. As for the value of your's, ddm2k, I would say pre-recent jumps, $15k. But now everything seems higher. As for the mods to suspension and SC, they don't appeal to me. To me its not an Achilles Heal but I'm not gonna argue, there are those that agree with you. Maybe try to get it on BAT if they will go for the high miles. It strikes me as a crowd that would like the SC mod and the trouble free nature of coil springs. Or list it elsewhere for $22k and see what happens.
I just bought a 75k miles one owner, dealer serviced, absolutely immaculate 2012 L322 HSE from Land Rover Tysons Corner a month ago. It was traded in on a brand new L405. It could not be more perfect in its condition and service history and colours. It has new LCA, fluids, set of Michelin tires, and timing chain tensioners. Aintree Green over Ivory.

I paid $21k.

I doubt the market would pay more for a SC with twice the miles, original tensioners, and the air suspension cut out of it.

This boards are useful for candid, informative conversation. I don't mean any ill will.

·
Registered
2012 Range Rover HSE
54 Posts
Cars and Bids might go for it, I doubt that BaT would. I submitted my factory new condition Touareg V10 TDI to them, in great colours, and options (locking rear diff) with 78k miles. They rejected it on the high miles and took a 42k mile Touareg V10 a year newer, 2 months later. They're annoyingly picky and fairly capricious.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
I just bought a 75k miles one owner, dealer serviced, absolutely immaculate 2012 L322 HSE from Land Rover Tysons Corner a month ago. It was traded in on a brand new L405. It could not be more perfect in its condition and service history and colours. It has new LCA, fluids, set of Michelin tires, and timing chain tensioners. Aintree Green over Ivory.

I paid $21k.

I doubt the market would pay more for a SC with twice the miles, original tensioners, and the air suspension cut out of it.

This boards are useful for candid, informative conversation. I don't mean any ill will.
No ill will taken.

Not BaT material but $15k is “enough” for me.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
I paid $21k.
Sounds like you got a great deal. But things are weird at the moment, used car prices are up across the board, except when they aren't (like yours). I paid $25k for my '12 SC two years ago with 62k miles. Bronze over Aribica (dark brown) which is a great color combo for me. My RR is usually dirty and Bronze wears it well. The Aribica interior is awesome, like a great leather sofa color.

·
Registered
2012 Range Rover HSE
132 Posts
Cars and Bids might go for it, I doubt that BaT would. I submitted my factory new condition Touareg V10 TDI to them, in great colours, and options (locking rear diff) with 78k miles. They rejected it on the high miles and took a 42k mile Touareg V10 a year newer, 2 months later. They're annoyingly picky and fairly capricious.
How was the TDI Touareg ups and downs? As nightmarish as the rumors say to maintain?

'Capricious' is probably the most apt word to use towards BaT - sure feels like that even having never tried to submit a car there

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
5,669 Posts
What is "BAT"?

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
SUVs do become collectible at some point - look at the Toyotas, Defenders, etc

·
Registered
2012 Range Rover HSE
54 Posts
How was the TDI Touareg ups and downs? As nightmarish as the rumors say to maintain?

'Capricious' is probably the most apt word to use towards BaT - sure feels like that even having never tried to submit a car there
I bought it from the original owner - an Italian aquatic architect who is responsible for the first “infinity edge” pools. He took great care of it.
It’s been very reliable. I’ve done a lot of maintenance. The only failure that I will say was a huge bitch was when the turbo actuators failed. These actuators control the boost and when they fail (basically from not being lubricated) the vehicle goes into limp mode with no boost. The actuators are not serviceable and require the turbos to be replaced. The engine must come out. That repair was a little over $10k when the car was worth about $15k back in 2017.
Lots of ECUs, lots of engineering and complication but I love it for those reasons. It has 43 separate electronic control modules, including two engine ECUs and one for the hydraulically operated power tailgate. The hydraulic system for the tailgate is almost as complicated as the one my Ferrari uses for its automated clutch. Insane.
If you keep up with everything, it’s great.

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Car Automotive side marker light

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Plant

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Automotive parking light Car Wheel Automotive side marker light Tire

Car Wheel Cloud Tire Sky

·
Registered
2012 Range Rover HSE
54 Posts
Thank you! It's a special car, we won't see something like it built again.

·
Registered
2012 Range Rover HSE
132 Posts
@chdavis I'd argue the V10 Touareg [hell, the whole Touareg platform itself] and the W12 Phaeton were wonderful dreams of a madman. Glad you get to take care of one.

As an aside, my mother in law picked up an Alfa Stelvio this weekend and the dealership is shared with Bentley, Rolls Royce, Lamborghini and Maserati. In the showroom was a W12S Bentley sedan that looked amazing. That engine is insane, especially in Turboed Bentley trim.

Pretty sure I was the poorest person to ever set foot in that dealership.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts