Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
LOL. I paid 1/3 of that for an as clean example w/ only 8k more miles....maybe I should post mine up on BAT.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
805 Posts
I paid only $20k for mine in 2018 and it had only 30k miles on it at the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
301 Posts
It is. Definitely a shift to "militarization" in styling and demand. examples - Defender, Bronco, Jeeps, Rivian. Which brings people back to L322... and those BAT pictures sell.

I happened to be driving our 2008 SC this week. It's a bit crass compared to the 2010. Which had me thinking should stock up on another 2010+?? There are about 6 for sale in the city here.

A Bournville AB 2010 was on my way, so I went for a look. 100K miles. Fully "dealer serviced" with a huge service record of this and that, nothing major. Why does a dealer not clear the list of codes, repl/charge battery, do the gas struts, fix the holed-out start/stop button, tighten loose armrests, lube locks and hinges, take care of the nasty rear window trim etc etc.?

This was really nice but I couldn't wrap my head around the Arabica and Ivory. Anthracite was a+. Had the surround camera (screens are too small for my eyes), new tires, codes seems to be batt/voltage related. No engine codes, everything worked. I should have looked at trans adaptation #'s for fun.

Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive design Steering part

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
283 Posts
Oh my gosh. My 2008 HSE Lux with 85K is in better shape than that one, and has a clean Carfax. Any offers?

·
Registered
9 Posts
$30K is just nuts!!! I know it's "low" mileage, but still! I paid $8K for a supercharged '09 with 100K in Stornoway Gray metallic. I HATE white, it never looks clean, and it's boring, it also tends to look like a company vehicle. It had a clean Carfax, and was a "dealer vehicle"/loaner car for most of its life, so it was maintained by the dealer(s) with records. Why was it a dealer vehicle for most of its life you ask? It had hail damage shortly after it was born, and since no one wanted to adopt it, the dealership took it in and raised it as one of its own. Of course most of the hail damage was repaired, everything you can see without a ladder anyway lol, you can still see some dents on the roof if you're standing above it, but that doesn't bother me, as a matter of fact I didn't even know it was there for a whole year! It isn't that bad either.

Anyway, I think 30K for a 13 year old vehicle is insane, especially with that many miles on it. For it to be $30K I'd expect it to have 25K or less on the clock.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
59 Posts
If you think a 13 y.o. L322 is overpriced, check out the '13 L405 you can buy a new RAV4 with that money. I think L405 rides a little softer and more comfy on road trips, the tech is garbage in both.

·
Registered
53 Posts
$30K is just nuts!!! I know it's "low" mileage, but still! I paid $8K for a supercharged '09 with 100K in Stornoway Gray metallic. I HATE white, it never looks clean, and it's boring, it also tends to look like a company vehicle. It had a clean Carfax, and was a "dealer vehicle"/loaner car for most of its life, so it was maintained by the dealer(s) with records. Why was it a dealer vehicle for most of its life you ask? It had hail damage shortly after it was born, and since no one wanted to adopt it, the dealership took it in and raised it as one of its own. Of course most of the hail damage was repaired, everything you can see without a ladder anyway lol, you can still see some dents on the roof if you're standing above it, but that doesn't bother me, as a matter of fact I didn't even know it was there for a whole year! It isn't that bad either.

Anyway, I think 30K for a 13 year old vehicle is insane, especially with that many miles on it. For it to be $30K I'd expect it to have 25K or less on the clock.
I guess you have never owned a black vehicle? 😄

·
Registered
2012 Range Rover HSE
120 Posts
^^$42.5K :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: - the insanity continues. Love that these are on the upswing but man there are some people with not enough sense and too much money around

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
^^$42.5K :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: - the insanity continues. Love that these are on the upswing but man there are some people with not enough sense and too much money around
It’s not an Autobiography, doesn’t have adaptive cruise…

It’s not quite a time capsule, although 5k miles per year is very respectable.

I’m just not seeing $42.5k unless this is someone’s second chance at a boat they barely missed in the economic downturn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 46 Posts