RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't see the fancy Clear Sight front and rear view that was introduced in the 2020 Evoque??? That seems like a huuuge oversight...
Based on what I’m reading the L405 is being replaced in 2021 with an all-new chassis so I’m guessing they’re minimizing any updates to current model to get more bang on the new release. Just my opinion of course otherwise I agree it makes no sense. Although they didn’t release it on the 2020 Sport either or Velar, so...

·
Premium Member
1,717 Posts
Re: MY2020 L405 USA Order Guide

I would argue that a '22 new Range Rover would sound more reasonable - but that' still just speculation. Nothing official has even been hinted by Land Rover yet, no early prototypes, nothing. It's too early to think about the next generation Range Rover.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would argue that a '22 new Range Rover would sound more reasonable - but that' still just speculation. Nothing official has even been hinted by Land Rover yet, no early prototypes, nothing. It's too early to think about the next generation Range Rover.
I don’t think it’s too early. Remember they are going to be sharing many components including the all new lightweight chassis that’s coming for the full-size. There’s a lot of competition in the high end SUV segment for Land Rover, more than ever. So who knows when but I would say definitely in the next 2 years and as long as it looks something like this we have a winner!

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts

The new RR (post-L405) will be unveiled in Sept. 2020. Deliveries start in beginning 2021.
FYI

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

The new RR (post-L405) will be unveiled in Sept. 2020. Deliveries start in beginning 2021.
FYI
If that’s true then that works for my taking delivery of a MY20. Then wait a couple years for the hype to die down and to iron out the major issues on the new car, although we know that could take an entire lifecycle to do.

PS: Ahlan 🇱🇧 ❤

·
Registered
1,015 Posts

Interesting information. My plan is to test drive the new inline 6 in the 2020 this Fall and ask the dealer how to reserve a spot for the next generation. Also make sure they don't charge over MSRP. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
60 Posts
So just because you are “friends” with a dealer and they told you new model is coming out in 2021 must be true ?

The “vogue” model line changes every 10 years as history shows us. I would think the new gen full size will be coming out in 2022 the earliest. JLR has been taking massive losses and are financially in a bad spot, I don’t even think they have the budget to redesign a completely new full size. I’m sure they will be another update to the l405 before complete change.

The UK forums are more reliable with this type of info and over there everyone is thinking 2022 to 2023 being the most likely year the new model comes out.

·
Registered
77 Posts

I agree, 2020 being the last year of the L405 seems very unlikely. I doubt JLR would go through the expense of R&D to put new power trains into a model and only have that model be 1 year.

·
Registered
4 Posts

The engines have to change no matter what. The end of contract to supply JLR is one of the reasons Ford announced this week it’s closing Bridgend engine factory in Wales. If there is a 2021 L405 it won’t have a V8 SC unless there is a warehouse full of spare engines somewhere

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
47 Posts

So just because you are “friends� with a dealer and they told you new model is coming out in 2021 must be true ?

The “vogue� model line changes every 10 years as history shows us. I would think the new gen full size will be coming out in 2022 the earliest. JLR has been taking massive losses and are financially in a bad spot, I don’t even think they have the budget to redesign a completely new full size. I’m sure they will be another update to the l405 before complete change.

The UK forums are more reliable with this type of info and over there everyone is thinking 2022 to 2023 being the most likely year the new model comes out.
It's not 1993 or 2003 anymore. Range Rover had no competition during the 'every 10 year' refresh era but has a lot of competition today and must keep itself competitive and the perceived benchmark of SUVs or the brand is in danger. The next generation aka L406 alread well into development and will debut as a 2021 model.

https://www.just-auto.com/analysis/analysis-land-rover-future-models_id185171.aspx

·
Registered
150 Posts

That article also talks about the Range Rover SV Coupe entering into production with "999" units expected. The SV Coupe was actually scrapped, however, likely due to Tata Motors losing like $4B not too long ago. So that article isn't exactly current.

·
Registered
47 Posts

That article also talks about the Range Rover SV Coupe entering into production with "999" units expected. The SV Coupe was actually scrapped, however, likely due to Tata Motors losing like $4B not too long ago. So that article isn't exactly current.

Well here's a current source from a few weeks ago

https://leftlanenews.com/land-rover/all-new-range-rover-to-land-in-2021-with-electrified-powertrain-lineup/

VW, Daimler, BMW have also lost billions recently but that does not mean they would halt redesigning volume Mercedes, BMW and Porsche vehicles. Mercedes, for instance, is scrapping some low volume sellers, but they would not stop development of the all new S-Class, for instance, which is coming out next year. The SV Coupe was a niche vehicle and can not be compared to the Range Rover, Land Rover's bread and butter. Current Range Rover still being in production in 2023 would make it seriously dated. Customers drifting to better things, and the Range Rover being panned for being dated and no longer the class leader in the press would be worse for the brand than the 4 billion Tata has lost.

·
Premium Member
1,717 Posts

unveiled in 2021 means MY22 the earliest, for the record.

·
Premium Member
1,717 Posts
I did buy the first year L405 as well as the L494 and they both were bullet-proof. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

·
Registered
445 Posts
I did buy the first year L405 as well as the L494 and they both were bullet-proof. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I did the same for the L322 and L405. Got rid of the L322 after 10 years when the L405 came out. Only early trouble I had with the 2013 was with the soft close doors.

·
Registered
60 Posts
The latest article from May 13th you posted said it will be revealed in 2021. UK always gets the first year model so in Uk it will be a 2022 and in 2023 it will come to the USA following the 10 year cycle.

The l405 was out in 2012 in the UK while we got the last year l322 in 2012

1 - 20 of 53 Posts