RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 RR. Sometimes during travel I hear a harmonic sound when I reach 50mph It seems to be coming from the front near the wipers. Like a wind sound. It is not always there. When I take the vehicle out of the warm garage into the cold it seems to happen. The other noght it was there for about 20min at speeds from 50 to 60mph. I thought I read that it may have something to do with the air vents on the hood. Does anyone have any ideas.

Thanks
Vince

G

·
0 Posts
windscreen vibration

I had the same thing on my 2003. Check the seal at the bottom of your windscreen, if there is even the smallest gap anywhere along there - a noise can occur - prove it by fixing tape along the seal and test run, if this helps then get your dealer to seal it properly with a sealant. My noise only occurred with right speed and wind direction! Even after fixing this I have replaced the windscreen of my car (stone crack) and the seal is still tight and the problem solved, it has been a reasonably common problem. The sound has been referred to as a hum of insect etc. Hope this helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts