RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello again guys . have some simple questions, appreciate ur response.

1- what should the rpm read when it is idling? with foot on the brake and in neutral......

2- the mpg reading on my rrs reads 16.9. is that normal? what is yours reading? what should be the normal?

3-if for some reason the car is not level after it goes from entry position to drive position is there a warning light or message that would inform u of that situation?

thanks again........ :D

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
1. It depends on how cold the engine is... After it's warmed up, mine usually idles somewhere between 500 and 1000 rpm in neutral, if I remember correctly.
2. That would be nice, but probably won't last. Depending on your driving style and whether you do lots of freeway or city driving it should eventually settle somewhere between 12 and 16 mpg. The least you reset the trip computer the more accurate that number should become, but I find those computers always seem to give optimistic averages.
3. Yes, if the car takes a long time to rise from access to normal mode you will get a warning chime and a "Suspensions rising slowly" message in the instrument cluster. If they fail to rise at all, you will get a nasty "Suspensions Fault" message. Hope you never see that one. :pray:

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
umbertob said:
Yes, if the car takes a long time to rise from access to normal mode you will get a warning chime and a "Suspensions rising slowly" message in the instrument cluster. If they fail to rise at all, you will get a nasty "Suspensions Fault" message. Hope you never see that one
Mine rises pretty fast and lowers fast too. Not sure if its due to the fact that they replaced the compressor and some components a few months ago.

If you think ours is slow - you should see it on a Lexus GX I had in my garage for a few days and played with their air suspension - was like watching grass grow

Only think I don't like about our trip meter is that it only goes up to 9999, so if you are trying to see the total miles driven since reset to AVG MPG, its unclear how many miles you've driven

1 - 3 of 3 Posts