RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!!

Have been reading the forums for a number of months now to educate myself as much as possible. Great source of information and direction that is being provided here. Thank you!

Range Rover has been my dream since I was 7 (45 now). I'm considering buying my first Rover but my husband is deadset against it. Everyone he asks about the Rover tells him to run for the hills. Lol. He wants me to get a Mercedes Ml or GL. Have test drove both; nice and beautiful cars but they just don't speak to me like the Rover does. Each time I have test drove one, it is like I have found a lost friend. Crazy.....I know.

Regardless of how my husband feels, I'm going forward with the purchase of a 2007. I have seen two that I like but undecided on which one to get and need all of your help to make an educated decision. My husband is no help :-(

First Option is: 2007 HSE Rover - 45,000 miles, Blue ext/Ivory interior, Luxury package with Westminster wheels & entertainment system - $38k. This car is being sold by a Land Rover dealer in VA, which is 200 miles from home.

Second Option: 2007 HSE Rover - 19,000, Blue ext/Ivory interior, luxury package with entertainment system - $45K. Also being sold by a Land Rover dealer and is close to home.

Which one would be the better buy? They both look new and ride "w o n d e r f u l l y."

What specific questions should I be asking the dealer besides maintenance records?

I'm getting an extended warranty once I decide which one to get. Got several quotes and was thinking of going with Warranty 4 Wheels. Any one bought from them, your experience?

Looking forward to being the future owner of such a wonder baby and happy to become one of the group.

Thank you ahead of time for all of your inputs, ideas and/or suggestions.

Margarita
La Dominicana

·
Registered
141 Posts
Welcome to the forum. This is an excellent forum with many knowledgeable members who openly share the experiences and advice on many topics. Search on any topic and you will find an answer.... this is a great forum!
Sounds like you have two excellent choices to choose from. Am sure you would be happy with either vehicle. I like buying from my local business to support the area I live in and also for convenience of service and support.
I purchased a 2007 RR Supercharged and have been very happy.
Other members will hopefully respond with their comments and experiences. I believe the 2007 to be a very good year in terms of any limited on going issues.
I also have the extended warranties and any minor issues have been resolved smoothly. I had an issue happen this past week while on vacation and Land Rover's trip interruption assistance has taken care of me so far. Vehicle is in for repair, I hope to have the car back early this week.

Good luck on your RR journey.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Go for it! '07 and newer are great years. My brother has an '08 and he couldn't be a happier owner. I'm perfectly happy with my '04 HSE. Looks like the two options you mentioned are CPO's, verify this and if it's not the case, get a very good 3rd party warranty to go with it and you'll always be able to remind your husband why you were right and he was wrong about these cars..... (just that in itself is a great reason to get the car... lol) Go ahead and buy the car and get ready for a whole lot of stares, admiration and compliments (both verbal and non-verbal). LOL And that's before the ego boost and other forms of enjoyment you'll derive from driving these vehicles. Welcome to the forum BTW! It's an invaluable resource, really.

·
Registered
121 Posts
option 2 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lower miles and entertainment package

1 - 4 of 4 Posts