RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just registered with the forum and look forward to everyone's input and knowledge.

I have a 2003 RR , Blue on ivory.

86k miles.

What should be preparing for or doing to keep the RR in great shape. Maybe a tranny flush?

Thanks

Nick

PS. i'll post photos soon.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Welcome to the site mate! Get ready for some brutal opinions! LOL
As for your RR, tranny flush is a good idea with your mileage even though you could probably get to 100,000 miles before you do. If you have the cash, do it now along with a spark plug change ;)

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Hello Nick, and WELCOME TO THE FORUM!! :dance:

Do you have service records of your RR? That along with researching The Forum will help you anticipate what you have to look forward to.
There are many things to consider in maintenance and upkeep. Has the front differential been replaced on yours? That's a biggy repair and very important. If you're not familiar with what I'm talking about, you haven't researched the forum yet (that's one of the "sticky's" posted at the front of the other posts). Make sure you do as many of us dislike repeating the same things often when they can be found in exisitng posts.

The second biggest and likely that comes to mind right now is the suspension. Specifically the front air struts. The rubber "air bags" of the front struts develope leaks as a matter of normal wear over time. When they leak, the suspension can't maintain a level height and will fail at the most inconvenient time, and while I know that know time is convenient, when it happens you will undestand how that particular time & place is the worst. So if they haven't been replaced since new, they will need to be now, or soon if you'd rather wait until they leave you nearly stranded.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
I closed out that post because this particular forum seems to cut you off if you don't move between screens relatively frequently (relative to other forums I visit).
To continue...
In addition to the about issues, I've had to replace my comoplete cooling system. I replaced mine almost piece-by-piece because I haven't had a vehicle that has so many parts fail at one, but if I knew then what I know now, I would have replaced the whole system when the first part (upper radiator hose or expansion tank, I forget which was first) failed.
Batteries can be an issue also. Then there are the normal wear items - brakes, lights, wiper blades...

As for your RR, I hope that it has been well maintained, and many parts replaced not long before you took custodianship of it. I hope you have the best of luck, minimal maintenance issues and a great driving future.

And get very familiar with existing forum posts to get familiar with the RR. Very much enlightening info available here.

WELCOME! :thumb:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Nick,

I am also a newbie, just bought a 2003 HSE with 25k miles on it last Wednesday. Did you get a warranty on the Range yet? I looked at a couple different policies and found a good one that covers most issues RRs face. Best of luck with your new vehicle and enjoy!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I've only been a Rover owner for a few months myself but have found this forum to be very helpful already. It is really nice to have friendly people on here who are willing to share their experiences and expertise, without the bad attitudes you find in some forums. I'll look forward to future discussions with everyone.
Cheers!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey guys thanks for the warm welcome!

The condition of the range is amazing! very very very well kept. dealer serviced.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Unbelievable !

Just when I say how good the rr is the tranny started shifting at 3500-4500 rpms. what is going on? Do I take it for a tranny and cooling system flush in the morning?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts