RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2005 L320 2.7D HSE
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Newbie here in need of advice. I have extensively searched the forum. And the whole of the Internet in fact and has given plenty of 'possible' fixes but nothing exactly matches the issues I'm having.

So it all started with a loose connection to the instrument panel causing car to basically completely shut down. Sorted this and had codes all cleared.
But has left me with -
UO421-94 - invalid data received from vechile dynamics control module.
UO421-94 - invalid data received from ride level control module.

Lights on - DSC, Amber brake warning, Hill decent.
HDC not available, special programs not available.

Air suspension stuck at access height. Buttons do nothing.

Now all this is pretty similar to other posts I've seen except I have a couple of other issues.
On the hazard panel in centre console, Dsc button does nothing. Also parking sensors button does nothing. Its as if no power to them.
Also on my 4x4 info screen the wheels no longer turn as I'm driving. They are always pointing forwards no matter what direction I turn them.

Battery has been fully charged. All bulbs checked. Brake switch checked. All fuses and relays checked.

Any help would be much appreciated. I losing the will with this car!

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
844 Posts
You have probably done this but have you done a hard reset?
Disconnect both battery cables from the battery and touch the two cables together for a few moments.
Supposedly empties all stored nonsense.

·
Registered
2005 L320 2.7D HSE
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tried that. I've tried all I can apart from replacing parts. Just need an idea where to start

·
Registered
2006 Range Rover Sport 2016 Mercedes S550 4MATIC
122 Posts
Maybe something related to the initial problem at the instrument panel?

·
Registered
2005 L320 2.7D HSE
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Instrument panel is all working as it should.
The thing that is concerning me the most is the 4x4 screen not showing wheels moving. Could this be the steering angle sensor? Needs calibration or dead?
Would the steering angle sensor cause the other issues?

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
725 Posts
Multiple faults being displayed at the same time is normally an indication of a faulty battery or charging system. I appreciate you have said it is charged up but I would go back and investigate this further and the alternator as well.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
442 Posts
Check the other side of a ground wire, where it bolts to the body.
I've seen people find loose or corroded. Preliminary, with engine off, measure V at battery and cigarett lighter for example. If not the same, see what causing V drop starting with ground battery wire.

·
Registered
2005 L320 2.7D HSE
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just thought I'd update.

Steering angle sensor calibration. All faults gone. Even though diagnostics showed no faults with SAS.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
27 Posts
Congrats on the fix and thank you for taking the time to update the thread with the solution!

·
Registered
2005 L320 2.7D HSE
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's OK.
Hate it on forum when people never bother posting the solution.
Once they have fixed it they don't return

1 - 11 of 11 Posts