RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:) Hullo all,my name is Paul,am 31years old and work as an Mechanical Fitter locally on the Isle of Lewis in the NW of Scotland.Well my search on Janspeed RRc conversions led me here and what i have read so far has been ten times better than the other forums i have been trawling through.I own a 94 RRC lhd 3.9 Vogue SE,westminster grey,104 kms,it was imported into the country in 2005 from Saudia Arabia.Still has the black paint on the chassis(90%) of it.I am currently fitting a Janspeed single turbo conversion and hope to be finished this week end coming,still got sump to remove to weld in the turbo return pipe and fit I/C.The wiring is done but it is a 3.5 loom so i have to change plenums and a couple of sensors,and dizzy probably.its runs a standalone ecu called ZYTEC.I will post some photos up tmrw of work in progress,look forward to being a regular poster,thanks all, Paul....

·
Registered
533 Posts
:mrgreen:
A little green with envy. Not much in the way of turbo RR Classics here. Just slow 3.9's, like my own. :crybaby2:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ikoinu said:
:mrgreen:
A little green with envy. Not much in the way of turbo RR Classics here. Just slow 3.9's, like my own. :crybaby2:
Well i am green with envy myself,i pay 1.10 pounds a litre of petrol where i live.And get about 12mpg,i thought if its going to be heavy it might as well be fun to drive(not that it isnt anyhow).Am sure between myself and the other guys janspeed rrc we will have some interesting posts to add in the future,Paul.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
G'day Paul, welcome to the party.

Sounds like quite a project. Also sounds like a good part of the world to own a RRC.

How did you happen across the Janspeed conversion? Don't tell me they still do them new...?

Can't wait for the pics BTW.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
G-day to yourself to Rufant,yes plenty of moorland to go off roading where i am.But its always raining so getting stuck in the soft stuff is a regular occurence!Janspeed did 100 twin turbo conversions back in the early 80s :?: ,this was carb model RRCs.They then did only 25 single turbo ones as they had a few nigglies with the EFI setup.I read that most of these 125 headed out to S.Africa(something to do with long straight roads?) :? I think it costed roughly about an extra 7-8 grand to get the conversions done when they were new,I was surfing e-bay one night and came across two Janspeed RRC.Both single conversions,Martymayhem on here bought the westminster grey one,that one was on the road and looking smart.Whilst the other one was spares or repair,the guy ended the auction early on the one i was bidding on(for 450 notes).He kindly stripped out everything to do with the conversion and posted it to me,the shell was not important as i was over 500 miles away to the guy anyhow.

I took the sump of my own RR last night to weld in a oil return and the gauze was blocked solid in the pick-up pipe!Mystery how the oil light was going off at all.The harness i got with the Standalone ecu is of a 3.5,so i have to change the inlet manifold to a 3.5 one.Tmrws job after work that one,hopefully sump gasket comes tmrw in post then sump on tmrw also. The photos are coming,just waiting till i have start to finish ones.Plus my garage burnt out a couple of months ago so the lighting(photo wise) is only temporary,just waiting on builders giving me a start date.Thank goodness for Insurance! Cheers Paul..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts