RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I have been checking out your sight since this past Saturday, when I recently purchased a '95 Range Rover. Now I have looked through most of this forum to find answers to what I have issues with and it has been very helpful.

Here is my dilemma;

- I have an error code on the dash that reads "Slow: 35mph Max" - When I bought the car the lady had done the coil conversion and I guess who did it for her didn't reset the computer and did a crappy job. I have found this on another website and am planning on doing this upcoming weekend. <to clear the "EAS Fault, slow 35mph max" warning from the dash, put two jumpers on the connector to the ECU. one from pin 7 to pin 18 (ground ) and the other from pin 25 to pin 1 (+12v). When you startup you will get a soft beep and short "EAS manual" message, then normal message center operation will resume.-
edit.-LEAVE THE ECU DISCONNECTED!!!!!!>. this will work anytime the ECU is disconnected -IE when in hard fault, waiting to get a reset and using manual operation. (or a spring conversion perrish the thought...). Has anybody done this already and is it pretty straight forward as it is? I don't want to mess up the car anymore and want to get rid of that message.

- Window not set - Rh, Lh, Sunroof. - Someone told me how to set them and it worked but after a day or so the message came back on again. Reading what I have so far it seems like the BeCM is the issue here. Could it be something else?

- Fuse 10 Fail - Reading on this again it seems to point to the BeCM. I don't trust myself enough to mess with the actual BeCM but read instructions on how to take it out of the car. Now I have the chance to buy a '98 BeCM from a parted out Range Rover but I have been told that each one is individual to each car. If that is the case is there something that I can do or a part(s) I can change from one onto the other to make it work on my car?

- Transfer Neutral - This one I have not been able to find an answer on. I have switched it to low and high gears and they work just fine, no loud sound or anything.

- Gearbox Fault - This was I read had something to do with sometimes the wiring gets loose or something like that. Is there somewhere or someone that has a diagram of what wires I'd need to follow to figure out this problem?

- SRS light stays on - Again, I read on this and it seems to be an issue with a wire being pinched? Is there someone that can help me with this?

It also seems pretty sluggish when driving from a dead stop. Other then those issues the car is perfect

Thank you to anyone that takes the time to read all this and help a fellow owner out.

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
3,622 Posts
mrodriguez4096 said:
- Window not set - Rh, Lh, Sunroof. - Someone told me how to set them and it worked but after a day or so the message came back on again. Reading what I have so far it seems like the BeCM is the issue here. Could it be something else? possibly a loose battery or ground cable

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
kmagnuss said:
mrodriguez4096 said:
- Window not set - Rh, Lh, Sunroof. - Someone told me how to set them and it worked but after a day or so the message came back on again. Reading what I have so far it seems like the BeCM is the issue here. Could it be something else? possibly a loose battery or ground cable

Thank you, I will try that and see. Also, could there be any other possible places that I check for a loose ground cable beside the one on the battery? I know there is one by the passenger side firewall of the engine. But that's it, don't know if there are any other places.

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
3,622 Posts
There's a bunch of them, and it's common for them to go bad. But in your case I would look for one that has come loose...especially on the battery. "I know from experience dude!" (name that movie)

·
Registered
976 Posts
When you say sluggish start, does it feel like it's starting from 3rd gear? ie real slow from dead stop, but once up to speed, the car accelerates normally.

If so, your car is in limp home mode. It's possible that all the stuff your experiencing is due to a weak or dying battery.

If the battery looks old, go ahead and change it out. It's wishful thinking, but it may solve all of the listed issues.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
TheoR said:
When you say sluggish start, does it feel like it's starting from 3rd gear? ie real slow from dead stop, but once up to speed, the car accelerates normally.

If so, your car is in limp home mode. It's possible that all the stuff your experiencing is due to a weak or dying battery.

If the battery looks old, go ahead and change it out. It's wishful thinking, but it may solve all of the listed issues.
Oh man, you could be right. I don't know how to tell if I am starting off in 3rd gear but that's exactly how it feels like slow at first but once up to speed the car accelerates. The lady I bought it off did say she changed the battery 8months ago and she lived in oakland. So it's not like the weather was rough here.

I am crossing my fingers that all that is due to a bad battery but somehow I believe my luck won't be so easy. I am currently trying to get these issues fixed because I know it's a good car except for these issues.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I didn't want to make a new thread about it but I am also in the process this weekend of trying to figure out why the SRS light stays on in my truck. Does anyone know where I can get a wire diagram of what I would have to follow? I have a 95' Range Rover with a 4.0. Thanks.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Got a 98 4.6 and changed a bad battery about 3 months ago and having pretty much the same problems as you, windows not set message, sluggish start etc... . Still troubleshooting though. will let you know what I find out.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
johnnywadd said:
Got a 98 4.6 and changed a bad battery about 3 months ago and having pretty much the same problems as you, windows not set message, sluggish start etc... . Still troubleshooting though. will let you know what I find out.
I appreciate that and I as well if I manage to make time to get this done. I didn't realize these trucks were so temperamental. I still love them though.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Also, I have looked everywhere and I cannot find anywhere that shows me a step by step guide on how to jump the connectors to take away the "Max Speed 35mph" message.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
mrodriguez4096 said:
Hello all, I have been checking out your sight since this past Saturday, when I recently purchased a '95 Range Rover. Now I have looked through most of this forum to find answers to what I have issues with and it has been very helpful.

Here is my dilemma;

- I have an error code on the dash that reads "Slow: 35mph Max" - When I bought the car the lady had done the coil conversion and I guess who did it for her didn't reset the computer and did a crappy job. I have found this on another website and am planning on doing this upcoming weekend. <to clear the "EAS Fault, slow 35mph max" warning from the dash, put two jumpers on the connector to the ECU. one from pin 7 to pin 18 (ground ) and the other from pin 25 to pin 1 (+12v). When you startup you will get a soft beep and short "EAS manual" message, then normal message center operation will resume.-
edit.-LEAVE THE ECU DISCONNECTED!!!!!!>. this will work anytime the ECU is disconnected -IE when in hard fault, waiting to get a reset and using manual operation. (or a spring conversion perrish the thought...). Has anybody done this already and is it pretty straight forward as it is? I don't want to mess up the car anymore and want to get rid of that message.

- Window not set - Rh, Lh, Sunroof. - Someone told me how to set them and it worked but after a day or so the message came back on again. Reading what I have so far it seems like the BeCM is the issue here. Could it be something else?

- Fuse 10 Fail - Reading on this again it seems to point to the BeCM. I don't trust myself enough to mess with the actual BeCM but read instructions on how to take it out of the car. Now I have the chance to buy a '98 BeCM from a parted out Range Rover but I have been told that each one is individual to each car. If that is the case is there something that I can do or a part(s) I can change from one onto the other to make it work on my car?

- Transfer Neutral - This one I have not been able to find an answer on. I have switched it to low and high gears and they work just fine, no loud sound or anything.

- Gearbox Fault - This was I read had something to do with sometimes the wiring gets loose or something like that. Is there somewhere or someone that has a diagram of what wires I'd need to follow to figure out this problem?

- SRS light stays on - Again, I read on this and it seems to be an issue with a wire being pinched? Is there someone that can help me with this?

It also seems pretty sluggish when driving from a dead stop. Other then those issues the car is perfect

Thank you to anyone that takes the time to read all this and help a fellow owner out.
Hello everyone, hopefully everybody had a great 4th. Well I bring this up because I just had my battery checked from Autozone and they told me it was good and didn't have any problems. I was really hoping I did have a bad battery to that would have (prayed) solved my electrical issues. So I am back to square one again.

Someone earlier said that it sounds like I might be in "limp mode" well I believe that to be true. My question is does that have to do with my "Transfer Neutral" or my "Gearbox Fault" messages? If so then what is it I need to do to try and figure those issues out? When these issues have come up to other people has there been a common area that goes bad? How was it solved?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
mrodriguez4096 said:
mrodriguez4096 said:
UPDATE
Here is my dilemma;

edit.-LEAVE THE ECU DISCONNECTED!!!!!!>. this will work anytime the ECU is disconnected -IE when in hard fault, waiting to get a reset and using manual operation. (or a spring conversion perrish the thought...). Has anybody done this already and is it pretty straight forward as it is? I don't want to mess up the car anymore and want to get rid of that message. - This has been fixed following the instructions I found, thank you again everyone for your help with this.

- Window not set - Rh, Lh, Sunroof. - Someone told me how to set them and it worked but after a day or so the message came back on again. Reading what I have so far it seems like the BeCM is the issue here. Could it be something else? - I can live with this one being the only issue left because I set them and it would last for a few days and then be back the same way.

- Fuse 10 Fail - Reading on this again it seems to point to the BeCM. I don't trust myself enough to mess with the actual BeCM but read instructions on how to take it out of the car. Now I have the chance to buy a '98 BeCM from a parted out Range Rover but I have been told that each one is individual to each car. If that is the case is there something that I can do or a part(s) I can change from one onto the other to make it work on my car? - This is the only one I still have an issue with and cannot find an answer to this problem yet.

- Transfer Neutral - This one I have not been able to find an answer on. I have switched it to low and high gears and they work just fine, no loud sound or anything. - This problem got fixed because when I replaced all the interior seats underneath the driver's seat was the box that sits on top of the ECU was disconnected and couldn't understand why it was, so I plugged it back in and no more fault code.

- Gearbox Fault - This was I read had something to do with sometimes the wiring gets loose or something like that. Is there somewhere or someone that has a diagram of what wires I'd need to follow to figure out this problem? - It has been so hot over the weekend here in SAC that I have not had the time to actually get under the car and follow whatever wires I need to follow to make sure I find this problem. If there is another way PLEASE help me.

- SRS light stays on - Again, I read on this and it seems to be an issue with a wire being pinched? Is there someone that can help me with this? - I just borrowed a code reader and hope that I can erase this error message from the system. My thought is, hoping, that someone was doing something before and tripped the error message and just never cleared it. We will see.

It also seems pretty sluggish when driving from a dead stop. Other then those issues the car is perfect - Hopefully this issue is fixed when I fix the "Gearbox" problem.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts