RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey People.

My name is Paulo Rangel and i´m from Azores, Portugal.

Hope to learn a lot from you guys and everytime i can also contribute to this forum

I´m not Land/Range Rover owner but my dad has a 62 Series 2, 92 Range Classic, 94 Discovery 300 Tdi and a 2000 Discovery Td5 and he is on the market for a 05 (Pre-Facelift) Range Rover Td6 Vogue.

My question is this.How much is the Body Roll of the Range comparing for example a Discovery Series 2 with ACE?My 2nd question is with the Range Rover MK3 parking assisting system.Is there any way to upgrade the Range Rover Parking Assisting Sytem i mean with measuring (like cm or inches) on the screen or something like that?

Best Regards.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Hello, Mr. Ragel. Welcome to The Forum!

As you may know the Range Rover has a variable height suspension, as does the the Disco, so the body roll is adjustable. Others on this Forum are more knowledgable than I, but as far as I know the FFRR is a heavier vehicle than the Disco, but does carry the weight reasoanbly low when the suspension is lowered. That said, it's not a high performance vehicle in terms of high speed handling. That's just not what it's built for. When raised, the weight is higher, and it's roll will increase proportionately. Some of the Forum members choose to shod their FFRRs with low profile wheels which will have some impact on affect that the side wall of the tire plays in roll, but likely not a whole lot. From the looks of it, the RR looks to have a lower center of gravity than the Disco, but I must say I'm ignorant on the actual differences between the Disco & RR distribution distribution of mass specifications.
As far as the PD system, I have never heard of it being adjustable, but I suppose anything can be hacked.
Maybe another Forum member may have more knowledgeable feedback.
You may also want to cal an LR dealership with these questions if no one here has any better answers than the little bit I can contribute.

·
Registered
690 Posts
There is much more of a feeling of body roll on the 2000 Discovery with ACE, which I had for six years before I got my present 03 Range.

Re the parking sensors, I doubt you can get a measuring feature.

Welcome aboard, and good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts