RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
I think it's about time! The old XJ had overstayed its welcome about 15 years ago, it was the equivalent of a grandfathers clock. Stately and classic, but who wants one in their house anymore, really? :lol:

Hard to tell by a few pictures, but it looks sharp and very distinctive to me, I like it. There is nothing from the old Jaguar - that's probably a good thing - but also nothing that looks borrowed from Mercedes, BMW, etc. I don't much care for the XF's nose (otherwise I think it is a great looking car) but the XJ's looks very mean and aggressive. It would be great, for us Land Rover owners as well, if Tata could hit a home run with this one.

·
Registered
922 Posts
The boot (trunk) line is reminiscent of a late model Ford Fairlane.... :twisted:

·
Premium Member
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
4,635 Posts
Like it but not as much as the XF and XK models. If I didn't own a Range Rover or Land Rover, I'd drive a Jaguar. :thumb:

·
Registered
221 Posts
It's awesome :thumb:

Same tft display as the 2010 RR, dual view screen as well. All Aluminium/Magnesium construction and great engines.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
Leo said:

Same tft display as the 2010 RR, dual view screen as well. All Aluminium/Magnesium construction and great engines.
I don't think we are getting the dual view screen in the US (on either RR or XJ), at least not on 2010s... DOT hasn't approved the technology or some crap like that. :(

·
Premium Member
1,802 Posts
umbertob said:
Leo said:

I don't think we are getting the dual view screen in the US (on either RR or XJ), at least not on 2010s... DOT hasn't approved the technology or some crap like that. :(
Well the americans seem to insist on suing at the drop of a hat so I think LR/Jag may be being cautious.

·
Administrator
27,821 Posts
Sorry, but I think it looks like a pregnant Saturn. Then again I think the Phantom looks like a obese Town Car.

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
No no no NO NO NO!!!!!!! This must be a bad dream. Jaguar wouldnt do this. No, it cant be.

:crybaby2:

·
Administrator
27,821 Posts
That Chrysler... er Porsche is just wrong. Some things in the car world should just not be messed with. Too many car makers have become marketing lemmings instead of focussing on their strong points. All we need now is a small fuel efficient Range Rover commuter car. :?

·
Premium Member
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
4,635 Posts
rrtoadhall said:
Too many car makers have become marketing lemmings instead of focussing on their strong points.
And the Aston proves that everyone has gone crazy... :roll:

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
Real world spy shots during testing in Death Valley (click on photos for larger rez.) I still like the front end. The rear... Not so much. The area around the C pillars looks weird.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts