RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I was driving down the highway the other day and BAM! Something hits the windshield leaving a slightly larger than quarter-sized crack in the windshield. The insurance company will replace it, minus the $50 deductible. But, I'm worried about the quality of the replacement installation: sound, leaks, car's value, etc. LOL, I know I should be more worried about that crack spreading. I guess my question is, is it possible for out of factory seal to be as good?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I am on my third windshield. All of the replacements were original from the factory. As long you have a competent installer (which I had. Located by the dealership) I don't think that there is a problem.

·
Registered
68 Posts
From my experience, i didn't have a problem when my windshield was replaced for my Mercedes. I don't know how it is with LR, but with MBenz the dealers don't do the work of replacing the windshield, they recommend you to a shop that does it, and in return the shop gets OEM windshield from the dealer that recommended them.

The shop did it in less than 30 mins and it's spotless.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
gbrown3622 said:
I am on my third windshield. All of the replacements were original from the factory. As long you have a competent installer (which I had. Located by the dealership) I don't think that there is a problem.

Your third? WOW! I called the dealer and they have a recommended shop just as Carter said. But, my dealer told me to make sure to use a LR windshield which I'm surely going to use, LOL.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I think you should insist on a LR windshield as it has the defroster lines built into them.

Don't think a replacement would have that.....

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
146 Posts
Just had mine replaced. Independent shop. They used a Pilkington glass. Has everything, heated and rainsensor. The installation is the important thing. Make sure well sealed. Also have them clean their hands before re installing the moldings inside the car. This place did a very good job.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts