RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got my new windscreen today. It was replaced by Safelite here in Atlanta. It took them a little over a week to get the Land Rover Pilkington glass in. I chose to use the OEM glass because my insurance company USAA covered the extra cost. I only had to cover my normal deductible. The installation when very smooth. The installer was aware of how to install it on my 2000 RR. Installation took 90 minutes. He even vacuumed the floors. `)

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
550 Posts
If you can, steam test the heater. Mine had 5" and a 3" strip that didn't work. They replaced it under warranty. Nice thing here is, there is no deductible on glass and it includes light lenses. I'm on my 3rd Pilkington Windscreen.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Make sure they put the top trim strip in correctly. Safelite did my windshield a few months ago and I made it 2 miles down the road before that strip flew off. I couldn't find it, so I had to complain to them and they did order a new one from the dealer and replaced it, but it took a few weeks. They also boogered a few of the T clip thingys on the lower cover, he told my wife they were "broken" but in fact he just didn't know how to get them back in the slot.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Desertboy- Thanks for advice. I was going to test it out but the humidy was so high yesterday morning I had a chance to try it. Worked great.

Cowtip- The glass itself was around $800 and another $150 for the install.

G

·
0 Posts
Chris X said:
Make sure they put the top trim strip in correctly. Safelite did my windshield a few months ago and I made it 2 miles down the road before that strip flew off. I couldn't find it, so I had to complain to them and they did order a new one from the dealer and replaced it, but it took a few weeks. They also boogered a few of the T clip thingys on the lower cover, he told my wife they were "broken" but in fact he just didn't know how to get them back in the slot.
I had a similar issue with Safelite 2 months ago when i got mine replaced under insurance. They chipped the leading edge of the bottom trim strip and then tried to tell me it was like that.
Got a little heated but they eventually purchased a replacement for me and had it delivered to my house so I could fit it myself. Before pictures alwyas help when faced with this situation. Take pictures of the surrounding area [dated if you can] and take them with you in case there is a dispute.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts