RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been searching this site and others on and off for a few weeks now and have not been able to find the answer.

I recently replaced the water Pump in my 2011 RRS HSE Luxury Non SC at 80k miles after it sprung a leak.

The new one came from URO and came with one oil coolant seal (I needed two, thanks for that) replaced it with one original O ring and one new one, It still leaked. Removed, replaced both new orings, still leaks. I am going out of my mind at this point.

Just bought it about 4k miles ago as well, this is my first so naturally I am slightly annoyed at all of this, but I love it regardless and just want to stop dumping about 75$ worth of coolant into it a week.

I can see a steady leak from the front of the water pump where the "return line" runs back into the expansion tank. I cannot seem to find this part/grommet anywhere online or talking to the dealership.

Should I just apply some coolant grade seelant to stop the leak? It is a hard plastic as opposed to the "softer rubberish" material that I remember was on the stock one, but of course I threw that out like an overgrown man child thinking I knew what I was doing and can easily handle a water pump install.

Any help would be more than appreciated, Thank you greatly in advance....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Anyone help you with this one? Did you solve your problem? I have the same issue and only placed one o-ring on each side. The manual says x2 but I assumed it was X2 - one for the pump side of the pipe and one for the oil cooler side. The dealer parts guy stressed that he was sure the oil cooler side only takes one o-ring. After install it did not hold pressure and still leaks.

Did you install 2 o-rings on the pipe that goes to the oil cooler?

Thanks,

John
Los Angeles

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
150 Posts
I recently did mine as well and here is what I learned, Land Rover has an updated hose that goes directly from the upper thermostat hose into water pump, my old one the little hose from the water pump would join in a tee that went to reservoir tank and throttle body. After I replaced the water pump I realized that the little nipple on the hose that goes in the front of the water pump broke, and that’s where it was leaking from. Then a cap broke that sits above throttle body, and then my top bleeder screw lol that coolant deteriorated the plastics pretty bad. The part number for that hose is LR049990, FCP euro carries it as well as Atlantic British.
Second edit here it goes lol you will also need a second little hose that gets rid of that connection between throttle body and expansion tank. It looks almost identical because it still has that tee connection but there is hole through it so it’s just blank, I don’t have a part number for it, I just bought it at a dealer, good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts