RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I was away fishing in the weekend and ended up getting the boat trailer stuck on the towball. We had nothing at hand to lever it off with and the RR was so full of gear that emptying it (in the RAIN) would have been awful.
I set it into High suspension mode, wedged a block of wood under the trailer's drawbar and then put the suspension in Access mode.
The trailer popped straight off!

Glad I didn't buy a Landcruiser.

Cheers,
Damo.

·
Premium Member
1,248 Posts
viperover said:
At least you can hear a Landcruiser rust on a calm night....

No because its in its native home at the dealership that dosnt have techs trained to repair it. But don't tell the LC owners, they would never admit it. :shhh:

·
Registered
687 Posts
Don't the New LC have a optional air suspension? i actually think they've been optional for some time now, and they have like 6 inchs of travel not just the cheap 1 inch ones.

·
Premium Member
1,248 Posts
Mirage said:
Don't the New LC have a optional air suspension? i actually think they've been optional for some time now, and they have like 6 inchs of travel not just the cheap 1 inch ones.

No its hydrolic and only does about an inch of travel. And it takes a ****ing year to do it. Then it will fault halfway up.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Awhhh okay, i knew they had some type of adjustable suspension just wasn't 100% sure. I wonder how a RR would do in Offroad and reliablity witha hydraulic system.

·
Premium Member
1,248 Posts
At 80,000 miles it will piss all the fluid out on your drive. Its not a very good system. It gives the truck a good ride but its not very well done. Its the best Toyota could come up with on the 100 series, I mean Rover was only ten years in the use of EAS.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I have done that many times. I also use it for making it easier to hitch/un-hitch so I don't have to jack the trailer way up or down.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts