RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I've been lurking on the forum for almost 2 years and finally pulled the trigger on a 2019 Range Rover Supercharged. It's all new to me, having never owned one, but reading other's posts has been very helpful. It will replace my Audi Q7 TDI diesel, which I need to sell back to Audi this fall. The basic configuration is as follows:

Range Rover Supercharged
Color: Ethereal (SVO color)
21" 7001 diamond finish wheels
Shadow Exterior
Espresso/Almond interior with Almond seats (Heated/Cooled front and rear)
Meridian Surround Sound
4 Zone H/C
Vision Package
Adaptive Cruise with Stop/Go
Tow Hitch receiver

About the only major thing I did not get was the driver "assist" package, as I don't like the assist functions. I have also never actually seen the Ethereal color but I have heard it is a stunning color. If anyone has seen it, I would appreciate your opinion. Looking forward to delivery early to mid fall.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Just an opinion, but I would get the driver assist package just for the 360 cameras and rear traffic monitor. It is a decent size car so it is nice to have the cameras when parking, and nice to know if cross traffic is coming when you reverse.

EDIT-- Maybe the vision package covers that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The only example I have seen with the ethereal color is at the auto show found at the following link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DucrM56zSLc

Note that it features ethereal with liquescence combo. The challenge, admittedly, is determining the dominant color. My assumption is that the ethereal (being listed first on the card at 0:34 in the video) is the whitish color while the liquescence is the grayish color as the liquescence is described as "liquid silver" by JLR. I could be wrong, however, as the example at the JLR web site (https://www.landrover.com/special-vehicle-operations/premium-palette.html) would suggest that ethereal is more of a grayish color.

I have never understood why auto manufacturers don't show off their color palettes on actual vehicles - particularly if one is trying to sell a premium paint.

Regardless, congrats on your RR.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Get the full sized spare, it’s a matching wheel to what u buy

and I like 24 way massage seats
Thanks for the comments. I did not list everything as I didn't want to burn up too much band width. I did get the spare, the ionizer and the domestic plug (110 volt). The dealer suggested the rubber mats, but I think the Weather Tech mats are far superior to any OEM mats I've seen. Also, I considered the side steps/runner boards and decided not to add those.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Not sure of the differences, if any, between the 2018 and 2019's - but I would try sitting in one and using the massage seats and take one for a test drive personally. However, seeing as you've already ordered - moot point. Just got the massage / cooled-heated seats in my 2018 and they are way different feeling than in the 2017's - at least to me. I'm having a very difficult time getting comfortable and in my case wondering if should have skipped the massage feature altogether. I did not have a chance to sit in it before ordering as it was a dealer assist and there were none yet delivered. I drive about 20k miles a years but ironically very seldom use the feature and am wondering if thats (the difference between having and not having) so uncomfortable. Had it in the 2017 and no problems. On the 2018 it seems to be the seat is higher in the thigh section and the back of the seat is lower, which causes me to have to elevate the rear of the seat about 4" to try and sit better. Also seems like from the lower back to the mid-back section on the back rest curves outwards un-naturally. All this is at a 0 starting point, lumbar retracted and seat as flat as it'll get.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Others will probably know more than me, but I know the 18's and 19's are basically unchanged. The 18's did have brand new seats vs. earlier versions. I sat in the 20 way non-massage seats and liked them. I had the massage feature in another car I had and did not like them. Found myself fooling around with them all the time and the massaging became annoying to me. Just my experience.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Not sure of the differences, if any, between the 2018 and 2019's - but I would try sitting in one and using the massage seats and take one for a test drive personally. However, seeing as you've already ordered - moot point. Just got the massage / cooled-heated seats in my 2018 and they are way different feeling than in the 2017's - at least to me. I'm having a very difficult time getting comfortable and in my case wondering if should have skipped the massage feature altogether. I did not have a chance to sit in it before ordering as it was a dealer assist and there were none yet delivered. I drive about 20k miles a years but ironically very seldom use the feature and am wondering if thats (the difference between having and not having) so uncomfortable. Had it in the 2017 and no problems. On the 2018 it seems to be the seat is higher in the thigh section and the back of the seat is lower, which causes me to have to elevate the rear of the seat about 4" to try and sit better. Also seems like from the lower back to the mid-back section on the back rest curves outwards un-naturally. All this is at a 0 starting point, lumbar retracted and seat as flat as it'll get.
Im glad im not the only one who has had this issue

I ordered sight unseen, loved the massage seats in the old truck so figured it would be the same....I use the function every time I drive it

When the dealer got a stock 20 way seat truck in I went to sit in those to see if it was any different...ist not. In my onion the 2017 didn't have an adjustable lower cushion, the new trucks do and it makes the seat sit funny because of the mechanism

Now I have 3,000 miles on mine and the seats seem to be "breaking" in and comfortable.....its strange but I either got used to it or teh seat got more comfortable

That being said I wish I could put the seats from my wifes G63 into the rover....they are better in every way

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,705 Posts
They may be close to unchanged. However massage seats have always been a comfort issue for some folks across all model years, including me. Over the years I have been fortunate enough to have driven most every model of Range Rover in some form and trim. Many Range Rover owners are used to sitting in a multiple adjustable Barcalounger with great heating elements and all the luxuries of our living room at our finger tips. With massage seats you get a completely different seat frame. The seat frame is no longer enveloping and supportive. It is a perimeter frame to make room for the massage equipment. I can hop in any 405 without the massage seats and drive for hundreds of miles with no fatigue... and have on few occasions thank to my circle of contacts. L series, diesels and standards. I can spend about 60-80 miles in a massage seat. I can never get them adjusted correct for comfort. I know some folks think they are the bees knees and fantastic. It's just very difficult coming from a supportive upright seating position of most Range Rover lounge chairs to a common department store seat frame wing back chair that you can't even read the paper in.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Im glad im not the only one who has had this issue

I ordered sight unseen, loved the massage seats in the old truck so figured it would be the same....I use the function every time I drive it

When the dealer got a stock 20 way seat truck in I went to sit in those to see if it was any different...ist not. In my onion the 2017 didn't have an adjustable lower cushion, the new trucks do and it makes the seat sit funny because of the mechanism

Now I have 3,000 miles on mine and the seats seem to be "breaking" in and comfortable.....its strange but I either got used to it or teh seat got more comfortable

That being said I wish I could put the seats from my wifes G63 into the rover....they are better in every way

Hoping they will break in as you mention. Do you have any idea if its possible to swap driver's seat with a non-massage unit? Just thinking of options - I have lower and upper disk issues and I've only had this truck for a week and my back is killing me. Ugh.... Tks!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Hoping they will break in as you mention. Do you have any idea if its possible to swap driver's seat with a non-massage unit? Just thinking of options - I have lower and upper disk issues and I've only had this truck for a week and my back is killing me. Ugh.... Tks!
Not sure...I considered it but with how glitchy the software is im sure it would blink out if it didn't recognize the same seat....

Give it some time...mine got better.

The new gen seats in my opinion are less comfortable...massage or not.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I haven’t tried the massage seats, but think the regular ones are extremely comfortable, much more than in my 2016.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have the massage seats. My back has been giving me a lot of trouble since I got the car. Haven't tried the non massage seats, so can't comment if they are any better. Besides, I don't find the massage function useful at all. It's too gimmicky, no relaxation at all.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Another factor to consider is that having the massage hardware also reduces the effectiveness of the seat heating/cooling.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I have been enjoying the massage seats, I find them comfortable too. But I am yet to sit in a 2018 without them, so not sure how they compare. I do agree that I don't really feel the cooling at all on the seats, but don't know if that has to do with the massage option or not.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have a 2018 with massage seats. The massage functions are very nice and so too are the seats. I just recently did a 2600 mile round trip (one day out and day back) and both the seats and vehicle were amazingly comfortable. This is a pretty subjective area though.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Can't wait to see pics of the Ethereal. Haven't been able to find any (other than the youtube video linked in this thread).

Thinking of moving to the RR when my X5 lease is up in 15 months.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Can't wait to see pics of the Ethereal. Haven't been able to find any (other than the youtube video linked in this thread).

Thinking of moving to the RR when my X5 lease is up in 15 months.
I also have not been able to find pictures. Kind of risk ordering sight unseen but all will be good I'm sure. I will definitely post pics when delivered. Current ETA around mid to late Sept.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Wow. Just heard from the dealer that the RR is built and scheduled to arrive in the next few weeks. Seems very fast for the 19's, especially with the SVO (Ethereal) paint. Anyone else with a 19 build that will be here this fast?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Wow. Just heard from the dealer that the RR is built and scheduled to arrive in the next few weeks. Seems very fast for the 19's, especially with the SVO (Ethereal) paint. Anyone else with a 19 build that will be here this fast?
Mine was built 7/5/18. Left Southampton on 7/28/18. Ask your SA to send you the VIN spec sheet, which will tell you which ship it's on. My Rangie is currently docked in NY and expected to reach Brunswick on 8/11/2018. I'm having the port-installed deployable side steps installed so, depending on parts, it might take a week or so before it leaves port to the Buckhead, Atlanta store. So far it's about a month earlier than estimated on my order sheet.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts