RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I just bought my wife an 08 RRSSC and loving every minute of it. In the few days that we have had it, it has done nothing but surprise us with all the bells and whistles, but I did have some questions, and interestinly enough, they all have to do with the vehicle parked. I noticed that roughly 60 sec. after you exit the vehicle, the vehicle quickly lowers the suspension to what appears to be access height. Is this normal? and what is the point? I can understand it wanting to go to access height to get out of it with ease, but by that time, I'm in my house. Perhaps I'm opening the door too soon or before removing the key? I would like to shut this feature off, as I don't want to function every system on the car twice during every drive.

The second question is after we synced our phone to the radio, if she gets near the truck (with it being off for some time), apparently the bluetooth steals the call and she cant talk anymore. This doesnt sound right, and if that's the case, it appears that something is powered that shouldnt be, thereby causing a current draw of sorts.

Btw, great forum, learned a lot already.

Kevin

·
Registered
160 Posts
I have 08 HSE ,it has been doing this since I bought it ,I think this is normal ;)

·
Registered
282 Posts
I've got an '08 SC too, and it always does this. My understanding is that it slightly deflates the suspension (not all the way to access height), in order to relieve stress on the system and prolong its life. As for Bluetooth, mine does the same as well, but I don't think it's something drawing the battery down, and it definitely cannot be turned off unless you simply turn off Bluetooth on the phone (or if you have an iPhone just select a different source during the call).

·
Registered
521 Posts
Mine does that as well. Same with the Bluetooth too.

Sometimes when I'm getting something out of the back, it goes PHHHHHHHHHH and I have to apologize.

·
Registered
66 Posts
The bluetooth thing is SUPER annoying! I don't even have to be really close to the car for it to happen either! It steals the call away from my phone and I can't hear the person on the phone OR the car! :x

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
1,165 Posts
what i've noticed is that it's not necessarily when i'm close to the vehicle, but rather if the RRS is "awake". many times i've been on the phone walking towards the RRS and unlocked the doors only to have BT "steal" the call. also happens after RRS has been sitting a while (i.e. in garage over night) and i open the door. i learned not to do either if i'm on the phone and approaching...or hurry up and get the key in to continue the convo over BT.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
Phil is right, if you're approaching your parked Sport while talking on your cell phone, do not operate the remote unlock button or open the door, doing either will wake up the BT module and transfer the call to it if your phone is set up for automatic pairing. Unfortunately, you won't hear a thing from the car speakers until you turn on the ignition and the stereo, assuming the party on the phone doesn't hang up sooner. :roll: Or, quickly use your handset to break the Bluetooth connection when you realize the car has "stolen" your call. My Android phone makes it easy to disconnect and reconnect BT while on a call, on other phones you may be forced to dig through menus and submenus...

The self-leveling of the EAS occurring about a minute after you leave the car and close all doors is quite normal. They don't lower to access height, but they do attempt to level the car's four corners evenly. The process occurs every so often even several hours after you have parked, although the adjustments are more minute.

·
Registered
67 Posts
to those complaining about the car stealing the call, why not deactivate your bluetooth on your device when you are not in the car? it makes no sense to have it on all the time unless you are using it with a bluetooth headset or connecting to some other bluetooth devie. bluetooth drains battery fast. so if you are not using it, deactivate it. it only takes a second to activate and deactivate it.
i have my BB synced with the RRS but i dont activate the bluetooth on the BB until am sitted in the driver seat and the car is started. that way i dont loose any call or create any downtime due to connection lag from the bluetooth connecting automatically like most of you experience.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If the iPhone wasn't such a PITA, it would be that easy `)
Is there a voice command for Bluetooth? If there is, that would be a mild alternative. Do so at your own risk of sounding like a putz. "Radio...bluetooth off" is your best monotone, as you exit the vehicle. :geek:
If I wasn't 12000 miles away from my(wife's) vehicle, I would pick up the manual, and having difficulty in LRs site getting one downloaded now.
Besides this, I am extremely happy with this vehicle.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
wetoddid said:
If the iPhone wasn't such a PITA, it would be that easy `)
Is there a voice command for Bluetooth? If there is, that would be a mild alternative. Do so at your own risk of sounding like a putz. "Radio...bluetooth off" is your best monotone, as you exit the vehicle. :geek:
If I wasn't 12000 miles away from my(wife's) vehicle, I would pick up the manual, and having difficulty in LRs site getting one downloaded now.
Don't bother. There is no such a command, the Bluetooth module has a life of its own in this car. :wink:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts