RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,
Bought it from a Dentist who was the 2nd owner since the car had 2k miles. Original owner return the car to a dealer with 2k miles and said it was a lemon. Car was later resold to this Dentist.

90k miles later Selling price was 6k. After BSing for an hour we agreed on 5k price. :)
Only problem with the car is that one of the key remotes wont disarm the car and there is a few dings/swirls around.

Other then that everything on the car works. Interior is spotless, Leather is good.

I have records going back to 2000 showing everything that was fixed on the car. Air suspension was replaced 2 years ago

will be a few week untill i get it registered, but hopefully this week i can break out my buffer and do some paint correction

·
Registered
457 Posts
Nice motor, keep on top of the maintenance and don't get too paranoid :dance: Range Rovers and fault finding are just a symptom of the universe.....help! can any one else think of more Sabbath tracks?......oh yeah.....looks like a Nativity in Black

Seriously though, loving the motor.

G

·
0 Posts
How about, Range Rovers give you "the illusion of power", but it's really the "kiss of death". :lol:

·
Registered
211 Posts
Welcome to the board BS - that Rover is an Evil Woman!

Rovers are like women - treat her nicely, touch her often, spend money on her and there is almost nothing she won't do for you. Ignore her and she will leave you hanging without notice!

What color is your GTO? 6spd I hope? I've got 6 - 68 to 72 models - love them!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Goat is an A4 but no slouch by any stretch of imagination, Its gun metal Grey. I know most of the guys with modern goats in CT.

I take it you hit the Hooters show few times a year?

·
Registered
893 Posts
Looks like you got a good deal as long as you have good records on the truck. Unfortunately, even great records doesn't mean the rover won't bite you in the a$$. These are great trucks, but require constant attention to detail. Don't let little things go long or the little things may turn into large ticket items.

But the truck always gives me a smile when I drive her. :D

·
Registered
211 Posts
Cool - where are you located?

Don't usually show them - just work on, drive & enjoy them.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks guys, i am usualy good at keeping an eye on little things.

Boss, I am out of Derby CT.

Took the buffer out today

Car was covered in little scratches like this

few hours later

Goat peeking

Attachments

·
Registered
211 Posts
Looking good - is that the one that was for sale in Brookfield?

Is it a Gems or a Bosch model?

·
Registered
211 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I picked it up from Cheshire, It was an ad that was over a month old on craigslist,

Rims look like a steal for 300, but I am more of a smaller rim, bigger sidewall guy. Plus tires for 19s are going to be a lot more expensive.

Never the less depending on the condition of the tires I might take a look at it.

At this point I am looking at accessories for the truck, light/bumper guards etc. Something that will make the truck look more like an off-roader.

I also need to do some searching around here to see if a lift is possible with air suspension and what is the tallest tire it will allow me to fit.

As far as what engine it has, I am not sure. I think I remember seeing Bosch written somewhere in the engine compartment but it could of been some other LRs I was looking at. Rover is at my folks house waiting to be registered and insured so cant really check now.

What is the difference?

thanks

·
Premium Member
1,702 Posts
Nice rig.

As you are new to Range Rovers, I would reccommend reading up on the common symptoms and causes on the main site http://rangerovers.net/newrremedies.htm

Unfortunately, all logic needs to be set aside when trying to diagnose and treat 'issues' that may arise. For example if your battery or electrics play up, you get a message on the dash screaming 'Gearbox/Transfer Failure' - I wander how many people were charged for work they never needed :think:

Whilst I am by no means 'technical' I have been able to save a small fortune, by being able diagnose problems myself and saving a headache.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
49 Posts
Couldn't help but smile when I saw " Something that will make the truck look more like an off-roader"
Whilst an alternative name for a p38 appears to be "money pit" (mine is anyway) there is one thing no-one argues with and that's its off road ability, So - suggest you polish the bit which screams to the world that its a brilliant off roader - thats the RANGE ROVER badge on the bonnet !!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts