RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey what's going on everybody. I'm marc from west orange NJ . I just brought a 1999 p38 and I'm in need of some serious help. First and foremost I brought the my rover knowing it had some problems but it's a rover o had to get it . Any way I get it home and parked it in my driveway . Come outside the next day and open my door and i hear alot of bells and whistles going of i look at the messages that a flashing i see windows not set sunroof not set . I go to the glove box to check the manual and nothing . That's problem one next day i go to put on plates and i open my door and nothing not a sound is it my alternator did that go bad or is it the alarm that saw in other post that i have read. I need help please i just want my rover to be ok

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,240 Posts
Kind of amazed that the owners manual did not cover setting the windows and sunroof. I know mine does...

Martin

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I brought the car and didn't get one I have to call the dealer and ask why . But I'm am currently looking for a PDF version.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks you I just checked out rave and I have download and printed a copy can't wait to get home and start reading. I think after work in going to try to get met battery checked out hopefully its just a old battery that is the cause of me not having any power .

In your opinion what is better air suspension or coil?

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,240 Posts
I missunderstood, I thought you meant there was nothing in the manual, not that the manual was MIA. Sorry.

Martin

·
Registered
718 Posts
In your opinion what is better air suspension or coil?
this is a bit of a loaded question around here.... but the correct answer is air. :)

to me what makes the RR special over other vehicles (to include other Land Rovers...) is the air suspension... i would actually prefer the larger space and 7 seat capacity that the disco offers and would also like the ruggedness and simplicity of a defender but i keep coming back to the P38 as a compromise between the two. the added luxury doesn't hurt either. but anyways, point being that imho, the air suspension sets this truck apart...

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,240 Posts
this is a bit of a loaded question around here.... but the correct answer is air. :)
Love that unbiased opinion....which just happens to match my own.:thumb:

Martin

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,771 Posts
Neither is "better", only more appropriate for a particular lifestyle and application. Some people prefer things castrated and nonfunctional. :lol:

·
Registered
408 Posts
The only thing missing in the coil conversion kits is a screwdriver to pry off the Landrover badges and replacement C***rover badges! lol, just kidding! Keep it on air and we wont have to kill any baby seals in your name!

·
Registered
408 Posts
But being serious, if you have the ability to carry out preventative maintenance then once it is working correctly EAS is wonderful. If however you want simplicity and a 'fix it once' kind of a deal then maybe coils are the answer for you, you will get arguements, restrained of course, for both on here, I personally prefer EAS, it rides nice, is very strightforward to maintain and it suits the style of offroading that I enjoy!

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,064 Posts
I have some owner manuals available, I don't advertise that fact, not sure why so :shhh: mums the word..

·
Registered
86 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts