RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All. Although not new to this site (have been a member for some years but with a 1995 Classic LWB), this is my first post on this Model Forum since recently acquiring a 2010 Sport HSE. A couple of months ago our family 2006 Discovery was rear ended by a speeding Ford pickup. My 18 year old daughter was using it to drive to High School that morning as I had insisted she take it given the snow covered roads. She was stationary behind a school bus which had its red lights flashing. The impact propelled her and the truck across the road into the oncoming lane which, fortunately, had no moving traffic for the same bus. My daughter was not injured other than some bruising, the truck saved her from a serious injury. Both the Disco and the Ford were written off, he was not insured, but the Disco came through for her.

We have replaced the truck with the Sport and now the learning begins again on all the nuances of the new vehicle. I am an expat Brit but have lived in NJ since 1979. I love the LR's and have my fingers crossed that this model is as reliable (yes, reliable!) as my previous five.

I just wanted to introduce myself and look I forward to enjoying the knowledge and support from you. Sincerely, John

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the welcome and the kind words. I'm enjoying the RR Sport and learning the many differences it has compared to my past LR vehicles.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts