RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been lurking, then i pulled the trigger over the weekend. 2006 RRS, white. 700 mile journey, enjoyed every minute. Ive read most of the stuff in the FAQ section. Just now trying to figure out the bluetooth with my Driod.

The thread about the replica running boards is one of the upgrades im looking into.

Thanks for all the help so far...........this forum has been a wealth of information for a fng

Attachments

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
JFelt said:
Just now trying to figure out the bluetooth with my Driod.
Welcome and congratulations, great color choice. :wink:

FYI, my Moto Droid started working only after the original Bluetooth ECU in my early build 06 RRS was updated with a software patch - which wasn't easy as my module was a real old one and the software patch would not "take" at first (had to go to an indy shop to get it to work...) Prior to the software update, the Droid would not pair automatically, only manually after entering the pairing code 2121 each time I got in the car, major PITA. If that is your issue as well, you'll have to get your PTI module updated to the latest software revision. After the applied patch the Droid has been working great with the RRS.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think my cherry has been popped. She wouldnt start this evening. I figured out how to get the Driod working, played with the NAV, drank a beer, listened to some tunes, drank another beer. All of this with the ignition on 2 but not running.

The battery was really low on H20, topped those off, she tried to start but nada. So i had to be jumped then she strated right up. My question is this, is that normal to drain the battery after 1-2 hours? The battery looks like the original battery, 60k on the clock, maybe its time for a new one. Any advice would be great.......

Oh yeah one more thing, is there a NAV disc? If so where..........i have very little literature.................Thanks.........Jeff

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
Yeah, the original battery is probably on the fritz, it would make sense considering your car's age and mileage. Mine lasted about 60K miles as well (in 2 years... I drive a lot) before it died. The replacement, an Interstate MTP-H8, has over 80K miles and is still going strong, I recommend it if you will be shopping around for a replacement. An even better battery, for not much more money than the Interstate, would be a Sears DieHard Platinum (it's a rebadged Odyssey battery, made by the same company, with very similar specs and a longer warranty, but without the big price tag and pedigree), unfortunately I don't think they manufacture the group size that fits the Sport.

The navigation DVD drive is under the driver seat, kind of hard to reach.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Umbertob, thanks for setting me straight. Yeah im just going to go pull the trigger on a new one. Im an interstate fan anyways so it looks like im trending in that direction.

I found the NAV disc. Is there a place to get cheap replacements online? Thanks again...................

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
You often find used DVDs for cheap on eBay (make sure you are buying a more recent edition than what you have already, as many auctions often don't specify...), but if you have a MY06 with original navigation DVD be aware that you'd lose the capability to bypass the on-the-move satnav restrictions with the 1791 trick by purchasing a more recent data disc.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well im going to have to purchase a Nav disc. The one thats in there is not for my region. I live in the southeast, the disc must be for Texas, Oklahaoma etc........at least that is my guess. I cant pull up any town around me.

I have searched the FAQ section, printed all of the Nav diagnostic info. I need a manual for the Nav. Thanks again for your help.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Appreciate that tidbit. Yeah i thought i was a little off base. Thanks for the link. I will accomplish this asap. Thanks again.................

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ellipsis

...The ellipsis is one of the favorite constructions of internet chat rooms, and has evolved over the past ten years into a staple of text-messaging. Though an ellipsis is technically complete with three periods (...), its rise in popularity as a "trailing-off" or "silence" indicator, particularly in mid-20th century comic strip and comic book prose writing, has led to expanded uses online. It has been used in new ways online, sometimes at the end of a message "to signal that the rest of the message is forthcoming." [6]

Today, extended ellipsis of two, seven, ten, or even dozens of periods have become common constructions in internet chat rooms and text messages.[7][this citation is incomplete] Often the extended ellipses indicate an awkward silence or a "no comment" response to the previous statement made by the other party. They are sometimes used jokingly or for emphatic confusion about what the other person has said.[citation needed]

They are also used to infer that someone or something is stupid or lacking in intelligence.

"Elliptical commas", or commas used in plurality for the effect of ellipsis or multiple ellipsis, have also grown in popularity online—though no style journal or manual has yet embraced them.[7][this citation is incomplete]
... `)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
gooseyloosey, we now know where the foundation of the movie "40 y/o virgin" came from. Those residuals must be fantastic............

1 - 15 of 15 Posts