RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

I've been perusing the forum and it has been a great help to me so far. I just purchased a used 2006 Range Rover Sport about two weeks ago and I've been loving every minute of it since!

I thought I'd introduce myself before I start asking lots of questions... And, of course, I'm excited to post pictured of my ride to a crowd who will appreciate it!

[attachment=1:eek:e44y926]RRS1.jpg[/attachment:eek:e44y926][attachment=0:eek:e44y926]RRS2.jpg[/attachment:eek:e44y926]

Can you believe in the week I've had it I've already punctured a tire?! Had to go out for a fun ride ;) So this seems like a good excuse to go get the wheels I'd really like. I've completely fallen in love with the 22" replica stormers I've seen in the posts here and I've decided on the 285/35/22 size tires. Do you have any thoughts on what I should do about the spare tire since it will be a little smaller than the new wheels? Should I get a fatter tire on the existing spare wheel or buy a 5th 22?

Also: Any thoughts on keeping two sets of wheels, one for looking cool and one for going off road?

Attachments

·
Registered
521 Posts
Welcome! Nice ride!

When I upgraded my wheels, I just kept the stock wheel. It's only temporary and no reason to go out and blow a bunch of cash on an extra wheels. As far as a second set is concerned, my 06 came with the same wheels yours did and I have sent those to be powder coated black and I will put on some good offroad tires so that when I DO go off road, I won't destroy my 20's.

Thanks for the good intro!

·
Registered
543 Posts
Ki.

Congratulations on your purchase, did she come with the ride ? Looks great, especially the interior colour which I really like ! !
I would agree with a provision of one set of rims for the road and another for off-road excursions which is the way to go dude.

Sift through the various earlier posts in this forum and you may get some guidance on suitable tyres that will benefit your RRS.
By the way, please update your location for future posts so the rest of use can provide relevant feedback where you may live.

Cheerio,

Vinniman
'88 Highline
Perth, W.A.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lol! What makes you think that's not me in the photo ;)

Thanks, I love the interior too. The leather in that color is so nice and buttery! Thanks to reading care and cleaning tips on the forum I was able to do a great job detailing the leather myself and it looks like new.

I do like the idea of keeping those wheels around so I won't have to worry about messing them up on a trip. I'm sure I won't feel like spending a lot of money to buy other ones to scratch up!

So you guys think that keeping the stock spare is ok? Doing some homework it looks like the wheels I'm getting are one inch off the spare. Is that not enough to worry about?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

I'm not totally sure a 22" spare would fit underneath the car. I think someone else can chime in on that. Now that I think about it, I'm not even sure what size spare I have for my car. I'll check that today.

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
kcristiani said:
Also: Any thoughts on keeping two sets of wheels, one for looking cool and one for going off road?
Welcome! Two sets, yes. :) Ideally, if you live in a place that gets snow, you'd have 3 sets. 18" LR3s for offroading, 19" or 20" for snows, then your 22"s for the nice road/weather. `)

lakbum said:
I'm not totally sure a 22" spare would fit underneath the car. I think someone else can chime in on that.
Anything up to about a 31.5" overall diameter tire (deflated) will fit in the spare well with the heat shield out.

·
Registered
270 Posts
My 2 cents...and other stuff. I bought my 09 last may with 22 miles on it. Got a nail in my stock tire on the way to pick up my 22" Chrome Dukes. the truck and technology was so new to me that i had no idea what the check tire indicator was, and why I kept hearing a whoosh sound while I was driving down the block.

As far as the extra set, I use the stock rims for my winter driving and put the Pirrelli Scorpion Snow and Ice tires on them. Then for my Spring Summer Fall wheels I have the 22" Chrome Dukes with Yokos. Haven't had one problem. The only spare I have is the full size one it came with.

FYI...You can change out your wheels yourself, but if you dont want to, I took my ride to NTB and they charged me $70-$80 for the swap. This question has come up a few times on the forums.

Thanks for posting pics. The NUPE ROVER is located here (midway down)

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=16544&start=60

I love showing off my ride...

·
Registered
96 Posts
good call on the upgrade! I had an 06 and immediately upgraded from the 19's to 20's. after about a year, i decided the 20's werent big enough. Went with 22 Stormers with the black paint on the inside and on each spoke. i get many compliments on it. Really makes your truck stand out. Also a million other things you can do that dont cost much. See about getting the grey piece on the tailgate that says "RANGE ROVER" on it, painted the same color as the car. then put the letters back on. then get the parameter of the side vents and the parameter of the front grille, painted the same color as the car...(also get the grille itself, silver like the supercharged on is). that will REALLY dress it up and wont cost you a ton. if you do that and the wheels it will look like an entirely different car!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the input guys!

Kstatenupe, that color is really fun! I love seeing all the photos on here. It gives me inspiration. Redrover those wheels are hawt!! I'm so excited to get my 22s! I'm having them put on this Monday. I'll be sure to post some pics for you guys. I might even be in one or two. ;) Yes, I'm the blondie.

I'm definitely going to change the grill and side vents. I was thinking of going with the supercharged style but hadn't really thought about the paint. Another plan is to lightly tint the front windows. I think I've seen that done on here and it looked good. I don't want to fully pimp my ride or anything, but maybe give it just a little kick. Redrover, do you have a pic or link that shows what you're talking about on the rear? I'm not totally sure what you mean.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
61 Posts
Back to the wheels, are you going off road much. If so, you may not want to go any larger than 20's.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts