RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, recently just bought a 2006 Range Rover sc from Arizona. Hoping this results in no rust. The car has 65,000 miles and a borla exhaust. Blacked out all around and every option. I was wondering if there is anything you guys recommend me doing. I previously drove BMW’s and they had great forums, you guys look to be even better! Can’t wait to talk with you guys in the future! Thanks

·
Registered
38 Posts
Welcome. I have a 2007 with the Jaguar SC engine. But the rest of the rig has BMW electronics so if you're familiar with that you should be at home. I would recommend purchasing either the GAP iidtool or the tool from British Atlantic. That will help save you $$$ with any basic diagnostics you might have to do and those pesky check engine light codes, which for me, haven't been that many but having your own tool hooked up through the phone really helps. If I had it to do over again I'd probably do a coilover swap for the air ride. I've replaced both my front air bags so I'm invested. I have 155k and just replaced all the coolant hoses as they were starting to swell along with the water pump and thermostat. You might want to think about that for preventative maintenance. My ride had been up north for 3 years before I bought it so I did have some rust issues that I have resolved for the most part. Having a southern vehicle is definitely the best option if you can pick. Enjoy and there is a wealth of information on this forum.

·
Premium Member
1,309 Posts
2005+ L322s have Jaguar/Ford derived electronics, 2005 being the last year of the BMW engine leaving all of BMW out in 2006.

·
Registered
38 Posts
2005+ L322s have Jaguar/Ford derived electronics, 2005 being the last year of the BMW engine leaving all of BMW out in 2006.

I had a check engine light come on and had to replace the air quality sensor in the engine bay that mounts to the fan cowl. It had BMW stamped on it. I must have a frankenstein.

·
Premium Member
1,309 Posts
Small sensors may be by BMW, but the main electronics ie Nav/BECM are Jag. For example, a 2010 Range Rover I looked at was manufactured by TATA still has FoMoCo hoses and sensors.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts