RangeRovers.net Forum banner

21 - 40 of 64 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #22
I hear you. Trying to get it in the garage so I don't get busted by the home owners association for having a disabled vehicle in my driveway 馃槵

Registered
Thanks. I don鈥檛 see any rubbing on the front inside. This is the rear. Does it look lifted to you? With a 245.
Looks totally stock to me. Blue stripe front coils and red stripe "HD" rear coils would be a good pick if you're staying standard height. I've heard good things about the blue box brand's orange foam shocks, those are also relatively cheap.

Registered
Discussion Starter #25
Great! Thanks. Just pulled the trigger on BFGoodrich KO2 245/75-16 and will get them installed tomorrow. Probably slightly too big but hey.

Registered
Discussion Starter #26
I would get it running
Before I worried about the tires
Just a thought
Done. Stopped by and grabbed a battery today. Installed and turn the key halfway. Waited to see if any gas registered on the gauge. 1/4 Tank :oops:. I thought this thing hadn't been run since 2006. Validated more or less by the carfax. Texted the dealer from the used car lot. He said they put some as in to see if it would start, but it did not start. Ok well at least I know it has good gas. Turned it over and it more or less it started immediately. I let it run for about 1-2 minutes waiting for it to die. It kept running :oops:.

Tires should be on tomorrow! I will be able to pull it into the garage! More to come.

Registered
=
Done. Stopped by and grabbed a battery today. Installed and turn the key halfway. Waited to see if any gas registered on the gauge. 1/4 Tank :oops:. I thought this thing hadn't been run since 2006. Validated more or less by the carfax. Texted the dealer from the used car lot. He said they put some as in to see if it would start, but it did not start. Ok well at least I know it has good gas. Turned it over and it more or less it started immediately. I let it run for about 1-2 minutes waiting for it to die. It kept running :oops:.
that was easy

Registered
From the way it was described
I am surprised it started
... your rover adventure is off to a good start

Registered
Discussion Starter #29
Driving home from discount tire with two mounted new tires. Will install, jack up the front end and take the remaining two tires to get mounted. pictures soon

Registered
Discussion Starter #31
. I wish it was $300. I actually paid $2500 for it. The body was in such great condition no rust underneath that while I may have been overpaying it was only a 1:45 from my house and it was an easy transaction so I tried to justify the potential premium. Not to mention these things do not grow on trees around here.

Registered
Discussion Starter #32
So got all the tires mounted and it looks great. I was able to clear out a spot in the garage and pull it in. Two issues. I think it is idling high so as soon as I put it in drive or reverse it goes pretty quickly without gas. Also I do not think the brakes are working. I will do some more research on this.

Registered
So got all the tires mounted and it looks great. I was able to clear out a spot in the garage and pull it in. Two issues. I think it is idling high so as soon as I put it in drive or reverse it goes pretty quickly without gas. Also I do not think the brakes are working. I will do some more research on this.
Check the throttle return springs. That happened when mine were lose and the throttle didn鈥檛 come all the way back down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
Let鈥檚 see..it runs....you like it it looks great... 2500$.....it is your choice and decision.... I would have haggled
Like it was the worst junker ever and would be doing him a huge favor just getting it off his hands.... he might have paid me ....lol...
So really it dosnt matter for not... what anyone thinks.. including me...
Enthusiasm is the thing of land rovers...they are easy to figure out..
Old school stuff mixed with a little insanity ... driveing them is the best thing...there are plenty of answers to questions out there and I believe everyone will try and help with answers
Make this rover a part of the family and
Just go for it...
2 cents

mike

Registered
. I wish it was $300. I actually paid $2500 for it. The body was in such great condition no rust underneath that while I may have been overpaying it was only a 1:45 from my house and it was an easy transaction so I tried to justify the potential premium. Not to mention these things do not grow on trees around here.
$2500 is chump change in the recent market. If it runs and stops you鈥檝e doubled its value.

My rusty blue 95 has new home next door to you in Austin. I sold it for 3x what I had into it, which was about 3k.

Finding people to rob ($500-1000 range) is getting significantly harder these days.

Registered
Discussion Starter #36
Got everything behind the front seats taken out including the headliner. Had a couple mice nests between the headliner and the roof. Looks like it would be really easy to do a sunroof delete and have a blank shaped panel welded in. Anyone heard of someone doing that before. I know old sunroofs can be real problems and I really don鈥檛 use them anyway.
Still not sure my path on the engine but had a question. If I decided to sell everything in the engine bay possibly including the transmission and BW transfer case what do you think I could get for a running drivetrain? Also what about if I sold the entire sunroof assembly and motor etc. knowing this will help coat justify modification.
Thanks

Registered
Discussion Starter #38
OK. Wasn鈥檛 actually looking to sell on the site. I use eBay frequently along with craigslist and next-door. I was just looking for a concept of what is a reasonable price expectations

Registered
RRC sunroofs are actually pretty solid, they鈥檙e the most durable accessory in the entire interior actually. As long as your seal isn鈥檛 destroyed just clear the drains and they鈥檒l get the job done. Can鈥檛 say the same for the D1. Getting rid of it will however afford you extra headroom.

Full drivetrain with 175k on the clock will net you <2K.

Registered
Discussion Starter #40
@xalt thanks for the info. That would probably put me right on the fence as far as pricing. Thanks for the info on the sunroof. Very surprising but great to hear thank you

21 - 40 of 64 Posts