RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!
I am due to change new tires on my 1997 p38. I currently have a 2" lift with 255/55/18 tires. There is a gash on my right front tire and all wear on the rest of the tires. Would it be possible to get larger tires with the current lift without rub? What do you think?

·
Registered
543 Posts
OC.

One would expect with your 2" lift and standard OEM 18x8 inch rims, that the largest tyres suitable for your sporting P38 Rangie would be 275/65QR18 radials ?
The extra lift in your ride allows you a 1" increase above the largest tyre applicable, but I'm not sure if your EAS or replacement coil setup would be effected ! !

Dick Cepek tyres offer their "FC-II" rubber in the size I've mentioned and I'm running them on my Classic that are excellent for conditions experienced stateside.
One would have to check if you've fitted aftermarket rims with a different offset compared to the original setup, with respect to any rubbing & clearance issues.

Cheerio,

Vinniman
'88 Highline
Perth, W.A.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
865 Posts
The biiger radius tyres you put on the more strain you add to differentials, gearbox and transferbox not to mention the loss of power, of all the differential problems I get in is because of the 18" rims fitted, Rangies with 16" rims seem to fare better.

A good read up on this would be when LR sent 2 claasics through the Daren straight on a expedition north to south, you wont have problems now but it will happen

1 - 7 of 7 Posts