Range Rovers Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had these tires installed today by tirevan.com and I must say these are 100% better than the crappy Nexen tires that came with the ride when I bought it. Much more quite and smooth. Had them road forced balanced (from the Hunter GSP9700 machine) and definitely noticed that the vibrations over 50mph is gone. So far so good! And tirevan.com did a great job installing them. They come to you to install so you don't have to wait at in a crappy waiting room at a shop and the price was actually cheaper than buying it from tirerack.com and other tire shops.

I will keep my Nexen tires since they are summer tires and might switch them back to extend tread life, but we'll see.

·
Registered
114 Posts
checked out tirevan - that's a pretty awesome service, I wish it was in Washington state too! Discount has them installed here for $1048 out the door..

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
36 Posts
I had these put on my '11 last week too, I have zero complaints. They are just as smooth as the Diamaris. The only thing the Michelins have on the Yokos, is the tread and sidewall is a bit nicer-looking.

I got them from a local tire shop, same OEM size 275/40r20, about $875 for the set I think it was, out the door, installed, tax, everything. Comes with free lifetime rotation too, which they ask to do every 6000 miles.

Give me a break, on a ~5500 lb vehicle, 220 treadwear rating vs these Yokos 420. And a lot less than half the price too, AND tons of people report them more than adequate even in heavy snow (but not extreme conditions, which I'll never venture in anyway). No contest!

·
Registered
472 Posts
I had these put on my '11 last week too, I have zero complaints. They are just as smooth as the Diamaris. The only thing the Michelins have on the Yokos, is the tread and sidewall is a bit nicer-looking.

I got them from a local tire shop, same OEM size 275/40r20, about $875 for the set I think it was, out the door, installed, tax, everything. Comes with free lifetime rotation too, which they ask to do every 6000 miles.

Give me a break, on a ~5500 lb vehicle, 220 treadwear rating vs these Yokos 420. And a lot less than half the price too, AND tons of people report them more than adequate even in heavy snow (but not extreme conditions, which I'll never venture in anyway). No contest!

And they are very quiet......

·
Premium Member
741 Posts
The only thing the Michelins have on the Yokos, is the tread and sidewall is a bit nicer-looking.
I do agree with that. The yokos are great tires, drive smooth, cheap, and will last longer, but I'm not particularly fond of the sidewall pattern.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
211 Posts
I do agree with that. The yokos are great tires, drive smooth, cheap, and will last longer, but I'm not particularly fond of the sidewall pattern.
Yup, just installed my 22" stormers yesterday with these, and I was very impressed! The turn-in is noticeably sharper, but that's probably just the smaller sidewall as well. Very quiet, but that just better reveals all the other noises I need to fix. :doh:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts