RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to replace my stock tires that came on my 2010 RRS Supercharged, was wondering if the Toyo Proxes STII 295/40-20 will fit. I want a wider stance and a better all season tire. Any comments whether the will rub or not ?

·
SUPER MODERATOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
4,461 Posts
These are standard 20 inch rims, right, i.e. 9.5 x 20?

Widest I would recommend is 285/40/20...running those with Nitto 420S on mine...looks great.

Guys at the shop indicated that 295 series would not fit properly...too wide for the rim width...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, stock wheels. I heard the Nitto tires are not good in the snow , any comment on that. I need something that is good in snow but not a snow tire

·
SUPER MODERATOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
4,461 Posts
Not sure about that since when I go to snow country, I put my 18's back on and run 285/60/18's All Terrain Nitto Terra Grapplers.

I bought these as a summer or straight street tire for Houston, so maybe they don't have the features you need for snow...I think Discount Tire or tire rack have a rating/qualification system which shows how these perform in snow/rain/dry etc.

Post up your location, maybe some other members on the forum can provide some real time feedback for similar winter conditions as yours.

·
Registered
543 Posts
04Fatty.

PJPR01 is correct, those Toyo's are too wide for the RRS and rims so stick with a tyre no wider than 285mm section width dude !
BFGoodrich do their All-Terrain T/A KO in a 285/55R20 size which will sit 32" tall on your 20"x9.5" rims which is the maximum ?

Otherwise it's hard to beat Pirelli Scorpions, but other forum members are having difficulty sourcing these from your resellers.
Most RRS owners are realising the fact it's better to have two sets of tyres/wheels - one for summer and another set for winter.

Cheerio,

Vinniman
'88 Highline
Perth, W.A.

·
Registered
33 Posts
should not be a problem at all. I'm on my second set of 295/40's and the seat just fine...and no pinching of the sidewalls at all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts