RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after getting stuck in snow, it's time for new tires.

I'm considering something like the BFG Mud-Terrain T/A KM2 , or something a little more tame like the Dunlop Radial Rovers.

In the more aggressive style, there is also the Kumho Road Venture MT KL71 and the Yokohame Geolandar M/T Plus.

I'm currently using the Yokohama Geolandar A/T-S, which obviously didn't cut it in the snow I was in..

http://rangerovers.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=37120

Does anyone have any experience with any of these tires, or could recommend something similar?
Thanks,
James

·
Registered
153 Posts
I'm running the Kumho MT71's and they're awesome. They've performed superbly this winter and are a beast off road. I am extremely satisfied with them.

Colin

·
Registered
23 Posts
When I got my RR it had the original body coloured alloys with road tyres on them. Since then I managed to get some duplicate alloys (though black/charcoal rather than body coloured ardennes green)...
I've got some Colway Ctrak All-terrains on the black alloys. similar to the BFG tread, but not too radical, they're way better in adverse conditions than the 'conventional' road tyres are, but driving up and down the M6 at a reasonable speed is still comfortably possible.
It was a great temptation for me to choose as radical road legal tread I could find (and there's some radical ones out there), but ultimately road comfort had to be taken into consideration.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Brigestone Revo's are awsome off road but are noisy on dry road. Michelens ATs have always been good for me, not too noisy and good off road, plus these are the only tires I've ever owned that lasted 45,000 mi.

·
Registered
264 Posts
james said:
Well, after getting stuck in snow, it's time for new tires.

I'm considering something like the BFG Mud-Terrain T/A KM2 , or something a little more tame like the Dunlop Radial Rovers.

In the more aggressive style, there is also the Kumho Road Venture MT KL71 and the Yokohame Geolandar M/T Plus.

I'm currently using the Yokohama Geolandar A/T-S, which obviously didn't cut it in the snow I was in..

http://rangerovers.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=37120

Does anyone have any experience with any of these tires, or could recommend something similar?
Thanks,
James

i have BFG MT/R tires. i dont think any tire can be as good as those. unbelievable good

Attachments

·
Registered
264 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
HUMMER H1 said:
hi yes thats what i ment mud terrain .
i also have goodyear MTRs under my other rover, i used them on snow also but i choose the BF Goodrich
Do you have the new MT/Rs or the original ones? I had the original ones on my Rover before switching to the Kumhos. I really like the look of the new Kevlar MT/Rs.

Colin

·
Registered
264 Posts
Do you have the new MT/Rs or the original ones? I had the original ones on my Rover before switching to the Kumhos. I really like the look of the new Kevlar MT/Rs.

Colin

i have those i realy dont know if they are the originals or the new ones ?

they last longer on sharp rocks than BFGs, but 4 snow i will go with BFG 4 sure

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts