RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't want to replace my sunroof I want to fix it. It is known that you can slide the parts out from the front.
My question is has anyone done this lately and are these the parts known to fix my broken piece?
Capture.jpg
Sunroof Guide Rail Repair Kit Right Passenger Side:EHD100140 AND Left Driver Side: EHD100150 for
Land Rover and Range Rover P38 (MK2) 1996-2002
Thx

·
Administrator
27,818 Posts
i am guessing that we would have to know what is broken.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I have not used that kit. However it seems to have everything you need to repair a sunroof.
Usially the lifters so bad from lack of lubrication of the tracks. I’ve heard these kits can require some sanding and dremelling of the new parts to make them work. If you have good luck with one please take photos and post them here. Go slow and clean everything really well with a tips then relube when you reassemble. Good luck.

·
Super Moderator
2,312 Posts
I used a kit like that. I must have spent two days carefully filing and sanding to get each part to run smoothly, lubed it properly and made sure everything moved freely. Put it all back together and the sunroof opened once then the new pieces went crack when I tried to close it. Don't waste your time.....

·
Registered
45 Posts
I tried two different kits like that from different suppliers and couldn’t get it to work properly after hours of fitting and filing. I did manage to get it to keep the sunroof closed and sealed though. If I needed to do that repair on my current P38 I would look as long as it takes to find the proper part at the breakers.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thx everyone for the tips, I am still enjoying my hvac screen fix. 95 classic how hard is it to replace the whole rail. I will spend to have a new one also.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I used a kit like that. I must have spent two days carefully filing and sanding to get each part to run smoothly, lubed it properly and made sure everything moved freely. Put it all back together and the sunroof opened once then the new pieces went crack when I tried to close it. Don't waste your time.....
I laughed so hard at this..Thanks.. It makes me feel a lot better for not attempting it myself :lol:

·
Registered
771 Posts
I’ve heard nothing good about these kits, as mentioned, try breakers yards, or getting a good second hand cartridge and swap the complete thing over.

·
Registered
976 Posts
+1 on Richard G.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I tackled this job a few months ago.

The sunroof rides on 2 tracks. The issue is some of the small parts within the tracks break.

You have 2 choices.

Buy new tracks, 95classiclwb gave the links to buy new from Atlantic British or find a salvage yard and take them out yourself.

Here is a link to help with the install.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vE8SaNT5snY&t=435s

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Jey guys I tackled this job finally, I bought another p38 for 600 dollars and swapped everything I needed that was better.
Worked great but I also took the sunroof and dismantled it to learn the parts. Both rails were good but the motor was stripped.
I replaced the pieces in the right side by propping the right rail up a little in car. I was able to slide the parts out and replace. Testing for smoothness with the sunroof tool and posting left hand parts on EBAY. Thanks for the advise.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts