RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked this up from the boys across the pond at Powerful UK

install took about an hour.

Definitely helps compliment the carbon exterior parts I have.
Feeling is night and day as far as thickness and comfort. Very happy with it.

Sorry for the dirty car :-(

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Looks great! Have you considered getting the ebony leather airbag cover? There's an ebay seller who sells them based in Sweden--I emailed them and they sold me just the airbag cover. I had a local body shop install it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Looks great! Have you considered getting the ebony leather airbag cover? There's an ebay seller who sells them based in Sweden--I emailed them and they sold me just the airbag cover. I had a local body shop install it.
Any chance you have a link or contact you can send me to buy the airbag cover?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Picked this up from the boys across the pond at Powerful UK

install took about an hour.

Definitely helps compliment the carbon exterior parts I have.
Feeling is night and day as far as thickness and comfort. Very happy with it.

Sorry for the dirty car :-(
View attachment 281685
View attachment 281686
Looks good! Did they send just the wheel or the entire assembly with buttons?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Didn't know such a thing existed. would love to find it.

Thank you.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
found it.

ordered it.. thank you for the heads up. The airbag is NOT included or is included?

If it's already all packed up and included the install isn't terribly hard and I could knock it out since I had to remove it for the steering wheel install.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
The link's there but just in case another link to the seller's page:
https://www.ebay.com/str/AGE-Styling?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

In the auction the airbag is included. I emailed the seller and said I didn't need the airbag, did they have just the covers, and they sold me just the cover. I think it was a hundred less or so.

I know it's illegal to ship the airbag in the US (which is why places like parts.com and dealer websites don't sell the airbags), so hopefully it goes off without a hitch especially since it has to come through customs.

Makes the steering wheel look so much better than the black plastic in my opinion--please post updated pics when you get it installed!

·
Registered
31 Posts
The link's there but just in case another link to the seller's page:
https://www.ebay.com/str/AGE-Styling?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

In the auction the airbag is included. I emailed the seller and said I didn't need the airbag, did they have just the covers, and they sold me just the cover. I think it was a hundred less or so.

I know it's illegal to ship the airbag in the US (which is why places like parts.com and dealer websites don't sell the airbags), so hopefully it goes off without a hitch especially since it has to come through customs.

Makes the steering wheel look so much better than the black plastic in my opinion--please post updated pics when you get it installed!
I emailed the seller about just selling the cover and not the airbag. They replied this morning that they couldn’t. Shame and agree it’s illegal to ship an airbag if its not properly caged, which the seller did not disclose.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks again Hotdog. The new leather cover looks 100% better.
No issues with it shipping here... got it in about 3 days after placing order.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow you sure don't mess around! Looks great, glad I could help :).
haha. Life’s too short to waste time.
I was going to trade in for a face lift L494 but I feel like with all the dual screen issues people are having I’d rather wait for what 2021 or 2022 has to offer.
So why not dump some money into this bad boy haha.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts