RangeRovers.net Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
How long did it last? My original lasted 18 years and about 350,000 miles, even then, all it needs is new brushes, so if you are on your second reman it doesn't say a lot for the quality.

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,123 Posts
Seems like a lot of hassle on reman stuff. I've had reman stuff here and its been junk out of the box, so I have little faith in it myself.
Here's a deal I had on a steerable trailer not long ago.
It has an electric motor to turn a hydraulic pump, to steer the rear wheels on the trailer.
Motor (12v) was fried.
Got new motor and it would work, then just grind. Second new motor, same result
I ended up having to make shims at the rear of the housing. The shaft would recess back into the body when under a load. This allowed it to pull away from the pump slightly, losing full engagement. Shimmed it and all is well. Supposedly the same motor though.....
Not the exact same as a starter, but it's still a 12 volt electric motor with a solenoid. May be worth checking for free play in the shaft.
I dont think I still have the starter from before the LSx swap, otherwise I'd send your way.

Martin

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Glad you're back Martin, I was beginning to think I was propping this place up on my own!

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,123 Posts
Glad you're back Martin, I was beginning to think I was propping this place up on my own!
Thanks! Nice to be missed lol
To be honest, I told the owners to shove the admin deal, then went away for a while.
Then I come back and see the "improved" site.....ugh.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
It isn't improving despite them being told, have a read of https://www.rangerovers.net/threads/we-are-now-live-community-feedback.338022/ when you've got a few hours spare.......
It still causes my bile to rise when I look in on the mess this once proud site has become.
You 2 are heroes, along with escape for at least offering some correct answers based upon your vast experience. I am still hiding out in a nice dark corner of the Pub........
The site owners continue to be clueless as to their subject matter, so I do not anticipate things getting any better soon.
Carry on Gents!

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,123 Posts
It still causes my bile to rise when I look in on the mess this once proud site has become.
You 2 are heroes, along with escape for at least offering some correct answers based upon your vast experience. I am still hiding out in a nice dark corner of the Pub........
The site owners continue to be clueless as to their subject matter, so I do not anticipate things getting any better soon.
Carry on Gents!

Dont know about all that hero stuff! rofl
I was shocked when I came back on and saw what a mess it was. Looked like I quit the moderator gig just in time, I cant imagine how many messages the poor guys are getting after the "improvements" took effect...

Martin

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Just the point.
Pre "improvements", this place was run by, and for Rangie owners and anyone needing information about the breed.
Now that it has, literally overnight, been taken over by profiteering IT Muppets who needed over a week to even spell Range Rover correctly and the site is suffering from a terminal case of cute!
The "supermoderators' must be hiding in a closet somewhere as they are certainly thin on the ground here!
Sighhhhhhhhhh.............

41 - 51 of 51 Posts