Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having just turned my 100k, I decided to go to the dealer to see how long I would need to wait for a new Autobiography. Said they are taking $5k deposits with no delivery date. Maybe 12 to 16 months out. What have others heard?

· Registered
1,478 Posts
I wouldn't pay the deposit nor trust their wait time... But that is just me... I'd enjoy what I have and let it ride...

· Registered
1,478 Posts
Are you saying that they are offering you $5K to accept ownership of such an ugly vehicle?
Are the new Rover Sport's ugly or differ from what we'd collectively expect from Rover as an attractive "new" version? I haven't seen any online or in person?

But to pay $5G's this time of year with the flake promise of getting a new one 12-16 months away would never be a bet I'd be willing to lay cash down on personally. But if JLR could lock a time down on something that I really was looking forward to that would be something I could get behind with a cash lay-down price...

· Registered
169 Posts
Are the new Rover Sport's ugly or differ from what we'd collectively expect from Rover as an attractive "new" version? I haven't seen any online or in person?

But to pay $5G's this time of year with the flake promise of getting a new one 12-16 months away would never be a bet I'd be willing to lay cash down on personally. But if JLR could lock a time down on something that I really was looking forward to that would be something I could get behind with a cash lay-down price...

I put $2K down about 9/10 months ago on an ATB. Dealer originally told me would be in around end of this year and now pushed about 4-5 months into 2023. They seem relatively confident on it as already got a couple of the V6 in to the dealership and even called me in to test last month. Apparently they are focused on filling orders on the the regular V6 first (highest demand), then the ATB and then the V8. Supply shortages still hurting but getting better I am told. I'll have to see what they say after the year end but fingers crossed. By the way, car looks great and drives really nice. First thing I noticed when got in it are the seats. Really comfortable. My only issue coming from ATB with the V8 is the difference in the HP. Not quite the same total power but with the added torque the power was not lacking at all. Hoping one of the groups out there will come up with a tune option to boost it back up to similar levels as before.

· Registered
1,478 Posts
I put $2K down about 9/10 months ago on an ATB. Dealer originally told me would be in around end of this year and now pushed about 4-5 months into 2023. They seem relatively confident on it as already got a couple of the V6 in to the dealership and even called me in to test last month. Apparently they are focused on filling orders on the the regular V6 first (highest demand), then the ATB and then the V8. Supply shortages still hurting but getting better I am told. I'll have to see what they say after the year end but fingers crossed. By the way, car looks great and drives really nice. First thing I noticed when got in it are the seats. Really comfortable. My only issue coming from ATB with the V8 is the difference in the HP. Not quite the same total power but with the added torque the power was not lacking at all. Hoping one of the groups out there will come up with a tune option to boost it back up to similar levels as before.
So what exactly are you missing that you want a "Tune" for the V6 version? You said that "power isn't lacking at all?" But "if" it isn't noticeably lacking in power... then you wouldn't want to have it "Tuned..."

I think I get what you are saying though is this... The V6 isn't horrible and it certainly has enough power... Just nothing like the V8Supercharged that you are used and accustomed to... Correct?

I myself most certainly wouldn't ever want to go from the V8Supercharged to a V6Twin-Turbo again!

· Registered
169 Posts
That is correct. Power is good bad but not the same as my tuned V8SC. Unfortunately they jacked the price of the only model for the V8 engine, have limited color options for it and it won't even be available for probably another 12 months.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts