RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a bad glare, but you can see it is heavily redesigned! I am not sure I am digging the evoque style nav.

spyshots-2013-range-rover-interior-44769-7.jpg

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
46 Posts
Also putting the navigation screen under the air vents as opposed to the current design where it is placed higher up above the vents is a mistake. The current design is safer and prevents you from taking your eyes off the road for too long whereas with this design you have to look lower down the dash.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Also putting the navigation screen under the air vents as opposed to the current design where it is placed higher up above the vents is a mistake. The current design is safer and prevents you from taking your eyes off the road for too long whereas with this design you have to look lower down the dash.
I'm sure most of its functionality will be voice activated, so I would think that wouldn't cause problems with distractions. If they'd put it high of the dash, then you'd have people complaining that it was too long of a reach, like in the Sport.

As long as it looks good, has much more functionality, has a great voice recognition system and can "actually navigate", that's going to be a huge plus. It took me 35 minutes to do a drive that should've taken 15 yesterday. Fix that.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I'm sure most of its functionality will be voice activated, so I would think that wouldn't cause problems with distractions. If they'd put it high of the dash, then you'd have people complaining that it was too long of a reach, like in the Sport.

As long as it looks good, has much more functionality, has a great voice recognition system and can "actually navigate", that's going to be a huge plus. It took me 35 minutes to do a drive that should've taken 15 yesterday. Fix that.

Take a look at the navigation system in the evoque, I would bet a good amount of money that is exactly whats going into the MKIV. It's much nicer than the current MKIII system, but still lacks a lot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts