RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got 275/55r20 Duratracs installed today. Looks incredible ... to all who say this is the biggest tire you can fit without trimming - you are 100% correct.

IMG_1118-1.jpg

·
Registered
309 Posts
Hmm, I thought it was 285/50/20's

however I see your aspect ratio is 55 rather than 50. Nonetheless, she (or he lol) looks rugged and proper!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
285/50 would be slightly smaller diameter so would fit better - but there aren't a lot of tires made in that size. NTGs are, but I wanted something more aggressive.

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
516 Posts
Love the look and how the tire fills the wheel well. I am also big fan of your Sport's color as well.
I went the path of 18" rims to get more tire (275/65 Terra Grappler G2) and had to work the leading face of the rear wheel wells to accommodate the 32" diameter. Overall I'm happy with the result, quiet smooth ride and the look. These tires may be challenging on the inevitable wet fall roads but snow will be fun.

'06 RRS LUX
'06 pilot EXL
'91 4runner

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
Sorry forgot to add photo
ImageUploadedByAG Free1474550090.750927.jpg

'06 RRS LUX
'06 pilot EXL
'91 4runner

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
NTGs would have been my next choice, and I wish 18" rims would fit on mine.

Love that red color on yours.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Hows the ride quality? Any rubbing when in access height?

285/50 would be slightly smaller diameter so would fit better - but there aren't a lot of tires made in that size. NTGs are, but I wanted something more aggressive.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Love the look and how the tire fills the wheel well. I am also big fan of your Sport's color as well.
I went the path of 18" rims to get more tire (275/65 Terra Grappler G2) and had to work the leading face of the rear wheel wells to accommodate the 32" diameter. Overall I'm happy with the result, quiet smooth ride and the look. These tires may be challenging on the inevitable wet fall roads but snow will be fun.

'06 RRS LUX
'06 pilot EXL
'91 4runner
So in your picture those are terra's are on 18's - but your sig states 20's ?

Here are mine on 20's
Now these (265/50's) look like low profile tires compared to the OP's and your 275/65/18's

Terra.jpg

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A little rubbing in front at access height, and at normal height some very minor rubbing on the rear well under heavy acceleration. I peeked at it and can fix it without trimming, just need to mold the plastic back 1/4" or so.

Ride is improved over the low profile, but at the expense of less cornering ability. Overall I think the tire is a great compromise and I'm very happy with it.

·
Registered
198 Posts
The problem with putting Bigger (and also heavier) shoes on the RRS is that the suspension travel over big bumps will increase a lot. You will hear clunks.
2nd, the ride becomes super squirrly even one size up.
I am running Pirelli ATRs 255/55/R19.

OHH almost forgot,
saw some guy ride height high on big tires on 20s. Looks bowlegged from the rear. Not good.

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
So in your picture those are terra's are on 18's - but your sig states 20's ?

Oops. I will change that. Thank you

'06 RRS LUX
'06 pilot EXL
'91 4runner

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
69 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
Just installed 285/50/r20 Nitto Terra Grappler G2's on Saturday. The ride is the best it's been in the 7 years I've owned the car. This includes on 19 inch wheels with 255/55/r19 Nokian Hakkapeliitta 5's that I use for winter driving. I have a little rubbing on the front at full lock (only in reverse it seems). When installed I was told that one of the letters on the word Nitto was barely rubbing the suspension.

Only other thing that I've noticed is exhaust sounds quite a bit deeper with the extra inch or so off the ground compare to the old Cooper Zeon LTZs (275/45/r20, which were about 50-60% worn at replacement). The Nitto tires are without a doubt much quieter on the highway!

FullSizeRender.jpg
IMG_6496.jpeg Green Oval Experience underbody protection - Bash Plate
IMG_6497.jpeg
IMG_6501.jpeg front suspension
IMG_6505.jpeg

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
Has anyone run the new Nitto Ridge Grappler. I heard they are a 10 ply tire and may be a bit harder ride. They look great but were too new on the market for me to want to jump in.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,456 Posts
10 ply is going to be overkill and way heavy...no need to go that route honestly.

Ilyas...looking good! Bring it on over when you get some free time!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Paul,

The new car looks incredible! I'm sure you've already grown accustomed to the new creature comforts, and the new features will serve you well on your long road trips! We need to make an overland run This year, or or maybe at least a Big Bend/Marfa trip. Possibly Padre beach camping?

By the way, I think you should go the route of Green Oval Experience hardware for protection plates. New ones just came out that seem to be thicker (the old ones are already bulletproof). All of these seem like better armor than the other brands.

I

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,456 Posts
Looking forward to a trip Ilyas! Got my 18 Compomotive's on order, they should arrive in early December. I did in fact just get the ASFIR front underbody shield, very fairly priced, so will try that out here. Fitted a few more goodies today (floor mats, rear load mat, side moldings, smoked side markers, hot wired in radar detector), and will put it on a 2500 mile run this weekend on a week long jaunt. When I get it fully kitted, let's do a fun run. Ironically, the car I was looking at before finding this Orkney Grey was also Nara Bronze...but it was a smoker car and I didn't want to deal with that despite a great price and low mileage. Hope the family is good...let's get together when I'm back and plan a N. Padre trip!! When I sold the blue one, I sold the 18 inch rims, but kept the tires, so I'll be running the Yokohama Geolandar's in the 265/65/18 config until they run out and then probably go back to 285/60/18 for the next set.

Let's meet up one day at Fellini's...I think my Vienna baseball hat is still burdening you after 3 years!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Need help, so trying to fit, cooper zeon 275/60 R20 LTZ, would these fit on Range Rover sport 2010. Any help would be good

·
Registered
543 Posts
D9.

Negative from a legal and insurance perspective. Your rims need to be RRSC 20x9.5's or aftermarket equivalent to only fit 275/55R20 tyres !

Mickey Thompson have their STZ in a P275/55R20 XL size as an alternative to the Cooper's LTZ, as they both come from the same factory.

Stick with 2" bigger than stock 29" diameter threads overall and I've read another member tried larger tyres with strange handling issues ?

Cheerio,

Vinniman.
'88 Hi-line
Perth, W.A

·
Registered
36 Posts
enjoying all this Nara Bronze love... great tire choices everyone i just put a set of ZEON 285/50r20 on to replace my 275/45r20 and couldn't be happier.

IMG_6144.JPG

1 - 20 of 79 Posts