RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking at summer wheel options for some time and ended up going with the 22x10.5" XO Verona in gray with Nitto NT420S 305/40-22. I looked at a lot of options including 22" OEM knockoffs, but they are usually 9.5" or 10" width and I didn't want to mess with spacers to get the right stance and prefer a wider look.

Went with gray over silver because I like the contrast on a white car and need a way to hide the annoying amount of brake dust. I will eventually go with ceramic pads, but the previous owner had just replaced the pads with OEMs, so made sense to wait it out a bit. I know there's a lot of debate around 285 vs. 305, but I think the 305s look perfect on a 10.5" rim plus most of the popular tires are actually cheaper in 305...go figure. Only a few miles so far, but zero rubbing even with suspension lowered.

Overall I'm really happy with the purchase and Discount Tire matched the best prices I could find online without even asking.

Jim

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
It looks great! Curious about the total price? Also, was there a significant difference in terms of price between 285 vs. 305 for you? I definitely like the wider, staggered set up. That's what I have on my '15 640i xDrive GC BMW (selling now) and it makes it look much meaner & sportier.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. Total was about $3,400 after tax, mounting, balancing, new tire pressure sensors, and tire warranties. The Nittos in 305 width were about $35 cheaper per tire than 285. I was already leaning towards wider as you get more sidewall which helps with both rim protection and ride as there is more sidewall.

I'm actually glad I gave Discount a chance to bid on it all. They said outright they were willing to take a little loss on the rims if it meant getting the deal and they matched the best prices I could find.

Jim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
jsherhart
RangeRovers.net Forum
We’re a community forum to discuss and assist on issues with every Range Rover model. Sign up if you have a question, answer or to meet like minded individuals
Full Forum Listing