RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, new to the forum. I just bought a new white 2013 RRS HSE from a dealership in Colorado. I really wanted a new 2013 if possible since the '14 is quite ugly. I ended up finding one in Colorado and bought it with only seeing pictures. Long story short, I love the car but I realized that it doesnt have Satellite radio capability? First I think its really ridiculous that a $60K car doesnt come with sat radio capability. I mean that comes stock in a $12k kia. Second, I have called multiple dealerships including the one I bought it from to ask if I could add that in after the fact. This shouldn't be too difficult, just install the antenna and program the nav screen. But according to multiple dealerships, you apparently cannot add this to the car. Does anyone have any information about this. I'd love to actually be able to have sat radio or HD radio if possible.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I think you have a grace period to return, or back out. State to state May be different though. I love my sat radio. Personally, I wouldn't what a vehicle without that option factory installed. I agree, $60, 000 + and no sat radio is absurd.

·
Premium Member
903 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all for the responses. Has anyone heard of this issue of it not coming stock? And does anyone have knowledge of land rover repairs enough to know whether the OEM capability could be had in the future? Thanks. I ask bc I really wanted to avoid an aftermarket device.

·
Registered
192 Posts
It's an option - at least on the base HSE here in the States. I believe it was still an option on the Lux and standard above that. I can't speak to how easy it would be to retrofit. I had it done on one of my wife's past Volvo's, and that was a piece of cake - totally seen less installation. On the Sport, though, the Sat radio is paired as an option with HD Radio, so it may not be an easy install.

·
Banned
901 Posts
I think people should buy their rovers not from Colorado dealers they are typically 10k higher than the coastal dealers, they don't certify their cars, and they don't accept reasonable offers. But it sounds like you had some water damage should be covered under the initial warranty you need to take it back asap and be a dick if they say a peep.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts