RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

This is my first RR purchase, coming from 10 years of owning Mercedes. I came from the ever so basic Mercedes GLA250, so the Velar has a LOT to offer me. We went with the D180 R-Dynamic. First off, the diesel gas mileage is incredible. Yes, I agree with most about the gas tank size, it should be larger, but alas, we work with what we are given.

Some of the things I constantly notice:

-Driver side door handle pushes back funny into the vehicle. When I lock the doors, it almost catches on something, and isn't smooth like the other doors - anyone experience this?

-The kick open trunk release. Most ridiculous thing ever. I got it to work once, and it halfway opened, then, closed, but not all the way. My hatch was open all night. Not cool.

-The volume/channel buttons sometimes don't operate - whatsoever. I touch, and nothing happens. When I turn the car on/off - it works again.

-Phone integration. I have an iPhone X, there are times it picks up a signal from my phone, and completely shuts the radio off in the car - but is still connected somewhere in outer space or something? Not sure...

-Passenger seat isn't as comfortable as the driver seat. But, then again, I am 7mo pregnant, no where I sit is comfortable at this time. :)

-Is it just me, or is the placement of the driver seatbelt 'plug' just dumb? It rubs against the console plastic and is hard to plug/unplug.

-Wish there was a button on the remote to start the car, rather than the app. I get logged out quite a bit.

Goodies:
-The car looks sharp. Sharp. Sharp. The head turns is what I LIVE for! :)

-The contrast roof is the only way to go. That is a RR signature, and without it, its just a car.

-Diesel. Enough said.

Despite all of this, it's a new car, excellent quality, beautifully designed vehicle.
-Viewing screens, and ways to organize them, is an amazing feat. Still haven't fully used the nav, so I can't comment on that, but the screens are beautiful! After doing tons of research a month before pulling the trigger, I was able to secure the deal I wanted, with the terms I wanted. Wouldn't change anything. The vehicle is beautiful and for the most part - what I expected.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Same issue with my driver's side door handle, it is getting replaced next week.

No issue with my iPhone X, and I have not noticed any of the other items you mentioned.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts