RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard today that the new Range Rover Supercharged is fitted with BEMBRO drilled and slotted rotors.
Does anyone konow if this is indeed true? If so, can these rotors be used on a 2007 RR SC?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Re: New RR SC fitted with drilled & slotted brake rotors?

olbear1962 said:
I heard today that the new Range Rover Supercharged is fitted with BEMBRO drilled and slotted rotors.
Does anyone konow if this is indeed true? If so, can these rotors be used on a 2007 RR SC?
olbear,
They are not Brembo's. Also they are larger diameter, 380mm (15in.) compared to 360mm (14.1in.) so they will not simply bolt on. The calipers are also 6 piston compared to 4 piston. ibis1 ;)

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
254 Posts

Hmmm, I smell a project coming on :)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

ibis1, thanks for the info, am getting ready to jump and buy new rotors & pads. Want to give drilled and slotted rotors a try.

·
Registered
52 Posts

Where are you planning to get your D+S rotors from? Also, are you going to run ceramic pads up front? I have an 06 SC that is also getting to need a brake job, and I have heard that the right ceramic pads will cut down on the brake dust.

thanks

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

bcrover said:
Where are you planning to get your D+S rotors from? Also, are you going to run ceramic pads up front? I have an 06 SC that is also getting to need a brake job, and I have heard that the right ceramic pads will cut down on the brake dust.

thanks
This is what I am searching for now. My company relocated me in Jan '10 and live in Edmonton currently. Looking in Canada to find a good supplier for D&S rotors. I haven't made contact with any manufacturers as yet. Disc Italia, EBC, Baer, StopTech all come up in searches and seem to be good products?
Not sure about ceramic pads, some folks have commented that the stopping power is slightly diminished during everyday driving. I can put up with the dust, I don't want diminished performance.
Have been some good write-ups on our forum of brake replacements which have been very helpful, If I was back in USA it would be a tad easier to order items. I don't want to bring items up over the border and get "hit" with huge duties or taxes, not to mention the high shipping rates.......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts