Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to put a 2-3 inch lift kit on my 2002 RR P38 . Would prefer Old Man Emu products. How high can I lift my rig without having to change driveshafts and put new brake lines on ? Not looking for a monster truck. Just thought a 2 inch lift with maybe some 32/11.50 would look nice. Just want to give it that "Expedition" look. Truth is it will never see mud or a trail bc its in pristine condition with less than 70k on the odometer. Thanks for all the help guys !

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,277 Posts
You can make one yourself, for the EAS. But with no mention of EAS or castration, we dont really have a clue how to advise you correctly

Martin

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
2,032 Posts
I'm going to take it since he said OME products. Its on springs. Since OME doesn't make air suspension crap.

Read this. a couple of set-ups

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,277 Posts
No link Ross.....

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry fellas. Here is a little more information for you. It is currently sitting on springs ( not sure what size ) and already has an EAS over ride kit. Sitting on 255/65/16 Nitto Terra Grapler Tires. Just want something a little bigger but , dont want to over indulge. New driveshafts, draglink, brakelines, control arms, etc. Just going for the Safari look. Like the Orange Discovery G4's that dont look "lifted" per say, but just have a little more beef to them. After the lift and new tires are complete I would like to add the Alan Bates rear tire carrier, and an ARB Modified D1 bar up front. Hopefully this helps. Just want to know what I can do to the vehicle without adding alot of driveline vibration and retain as much "factoryness" as possible. Thanks Fellas !

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
2,032 Posts
I have about 4" up front and 3 out back. it sits pretty level. I used Old Man Emu springs all around and a 1" spacer up front. Im sitting on 285/75/16's all around. I have good clearance for the tires. I only rub when Its completely flexed out.

I have a small driveshaft vibration up front. Not horrible. I have not extended anything. Should I? Maybe, but its been working. I probably need to extend the front driveshaft, but the back is fine. I unbolted the brake lines at the frame and have plenty of length. I just zip tied them to the spring. no issues. I have not added draglinks. My axles still seem centered under the vehicle.

I thought about doing more modifications, but with a 4th child coming in August, its going to be too small. So I'm looking at getting a Power Wagon to use an Expedition Type Vehicle. For Back Country exploring.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.