RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say hello -- 2005 Range Rover HSE 95,000 miles.

After doing a lot of reading I decided to do the drain and fill on the transmission. Previous service unknown.

The fluid that came out was very dark and milky -- After seeing the fluid I am glad I decided to change it. To anyone on the fence I am attaching pictures of the new fluid vs the old fluid. The left fluid is new and the old fluid is on the right. After changing the fluid the trans shifts are noticeably smoother.

rr.atf15.jpg

·
Registered
172 Posts
Just wanted to say hello -- 2005 Range Rover HSE 95,000 miles.

After doing a lot of reading I decided to do the drain and fill on the transmission. Previous service unknown.

The fluid that came out was very dark and milky -- After seeing the fluid I am glad I decided to change it. To anyone on the fence I am attaching pictures of the new fluid vs the old fluid. The left fluid is new and the old fluid is on the right. After changing the fluid the trans shifts are noticeably smoother.

View attachment 144457
Great reference, thanks for posting, is that the ZF Lifeguard fluid?

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,197 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes I used ZF Lifeguard 5 for the new replacement fluid. Expensive but from what ive read it's the only recommended fluid.

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,197 Posts
Being a new member, your posts go into moderation for approval. Sometimes it takes us a few to approve them, and at night it can be the following morning at times. So please dont post things multiple times.
Hang tight and please wait for our approval, it's only there to get rid of spammers and make sure you aren't here selling fake Nike shoes, Rolex's etc...
It wont last long, then you will be able to post without anyone's approval:thumb:

Figured I'd explain why your posts do not turn up instantly like the longer term members' ones do.

Martin

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
If not running fluid level will be lower than it should be. curious if you flushed the tc when you changed the fluid. I was about to follow Merlins write up but the tranny failed before I could do it so with a new tc as well the fluid was replaced. Hopefully the cooler was emptied at the same time. Do consider using a laser thermometer to check in and out temps of the tranny cooler water and oil sides. Our cooler was totally plugged which very likely shortened the life of the tranny

1 - 8 of 8 Posts