RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I m looking to buy a kit that would consist of new rotor and pads for my full size 2013 hse rover.... has anyone gone non factory and bought a aftermarket kit? Also can the brakes be done at home? being it has electronic parking brake, someone said I might need to bring to someone that has a machine to reset computer?? thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,171 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
really...thats what some one said I just wasnt sure, there goes my idea of doing it myself... thanks

·
Registered
34 Posts
really...thats what some one said I just wasnt sure, there goes my idea of doing it myself... thanks
I've done the brake pads myself. If you purchase the GAP diagnostic tool you can connect up and release the electronic e-brake so that you can pull out the pads and the rotors....its just a setting in the app and you'll hear it crank out...then just set it back when you are done. The pads (didn't do the rotors so I can't comment) were soooo easy...you'll get the satisfaction of doing it yourself!!!

https://www.gap-diagnostic.com/products/iidtool/

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
I am mystified, I have worked so many years in Land Rovers, by rotors do yo mean the ABS magnetic ring?

As to brands, use Ferrodo or Delphi for pads and disks. Dunno about the rotors

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I am mystified, I have worked so many years in Land Rovers, by rotors do yo mean the ABS magnetic ring?

As to brands, use Ferrodo or Delphi for pads and disks. Dunno about the rotors
Here in the US Discs are called Rotors

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have a 2013 SC. I used disk italia ceramic pads and OEM rotors. I did not need to use a computer to release and reset the electronic parking brake. I followed the instructions in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sn3RqQHc2uY

I had a local brake guy do it. He charged $100/axle.
How do you like the Italia ceramic pads Stemikel? I switched to ceramic pads years ago on my L322 HSE, I do not remember the brand, but I love the reduced brake dust of ceramic pads.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I really love the DI pads. They are quiet and there is no squeak. I would get them again in an instant. Only this is that they are harder than the OEM pads and don't have the amount of bite in emergency braking.

·
Registered
559 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
FWIW, I've used Zimmerman rotors and Textar or EBC pads on my 2013 RRSC. As I understand it, Zimmerman provides rotors to BMW, Porsche and others. Seem to be higher quality than rotors made in China.

·
Registered
33 Posts
The Zimmerman rotors are great. The coated ones hold up very well and the Hat area does not show corrosion or surface rust over time. I always use the same style that the manufacturer selected whether solid, drilled, slotted and drilled. Take a look at Atlantic British as they have a complete set. The one piece that is always overlooked and required on our Track cars is Brake fluid flushes. A daily driver will be fine to flush every 2 years. Tracking a car we flush it every 6 months.

·
Registered
156 Posts
FWIW, I've used Zimmerman rotors and Textar or EBC pads on my 2013 RRSC. As I understand it, Zimmerman provides rotors to BMW, Porsche and others. Seem to be higher quality than rotors made in China.
I used Textar pads (and OEM rotors) on my 2015 Audi A8 when it was time to do the rear brakes last August. Textar is actually one of the OEM suppliers for Audi for brake pads. Pads have been great so far - no noise, not too much dust, and great stopping performance.

·
Registered
559 Posts
http://www.brakeworld.com/brakedetails/2013/land-rover/range-rover/discitalia-drilled-and-slotted

http://www.brakeworld.com/brakedetails/2013/land-rover/range-rover/disc-italia-hyper-ceramic

I just ordered the DISC ITALIA drilled and slotted rotors along with Hyper Ceramic pads...I couldn't take it any longer with the brake dust from OEM pads.

I had these installed a few days ago and I immediately notice better brake performance. I'm also impressed with the very low brake dust from the hyper ceramic pads and I love the look of the drilled and slotted rotors. Money well spent!!!

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts